Chapter-6

I didn’t know whether to believe him or not. Man how can this kind of stuff be even possible?

I kept thinking about it and was walking on the lane while someone pushed me suddenly! I turned around and saw a familiar face laughing at me.

“Doood you idiot! Don’t do that again!”

“Why scared huh?”

“Not at all! I have lots of guts compared to you, I was actually planning to visit the haunted place the resort manager warned me about!”

“So are you ready? Let’s go there and take a selfie with the PEI (Ghost)!”

“Ha ha ok dood! No problem! But the thing is that I couldn’t find nanni”

“Why are you now behaving strangely? You have used the name nanni more than hundred times since the trip started!”

“Actually she proposed me today but I told that I wasn’t interested”

“Why! She loves you sincerely you know?”

“It’s like I have to earn and take care of my family so this will be a waste of time”

“Waste of time? In what sense? She told she’ll disturb you all day?”

“No she just wanted me to say that I love her and worse still, I forgot her birthday”

“Hey Alan! Listen to me ok? You remember the diamond ring I gave you for your birthday?”

“Yes! I still have that in my hand see?”

“It was actually gifted to you by your nanni! But she made me promise that I won’t tell it to you, that’s why I didn’t tell and I’m really sorry for not reminding you about Ananya’s birthday!”

I cried. I felt guilty. I thought I had hurt the girl too much. I got up and went to the room where nanni was staying. The door was opened by Reni.

“Hey Reni! Where is nanni? I wanna see her!”

“She went to have a look outside and told me not to come, so she must be roaming somewhere alone”

I roamed outside and found nanni crying inside a tractor which was parked outside the resort. I went inside the tractor and held her hands. She looked at me and tried to leave. I found her face wet but beautiful than it always used to be!

“Iniya Piranthanaal Nalvaalthukal (Happy birthday) I have come to…..”

Before I could speak anything she tried to open the tractor door. I pulled her hair, grabbed her face and kissed her. It was rough but she did’nt protest.

“Nanni I’m sorry…… I didn’t know that you loved me so much….. I saw your facebook profile today… You have uploaded status for me when I achieved something and……. Why this nanni….?”

I showed her the diamond ring and started crying. She gave a little smile held my face straight, wiped my tears away and kissed me delicately.

“I love you teddy!”

“Love you more my dear nanni”

“You don’t need to worry about anything ok? I know you work hard for your parents so I won’t be a disturbance to you in anyway”