Chapter-21

Aishwarya started screaming. Nanni and Frank hid under the bed. I couldn’t say anything because everything was getting really horrible!

She jumped right out of the bed and tried to punch the masked man. To save her, I stood in the front and tried to stop the murderer.

The masked man took a baseball bat and slammed it hard on her head! I raised my hands to stop the bat but it went right through my hands! Aishwarya fell down on the floor unconscious.

The masked man started shouting bad words at her and lifted her up. He opened the top of the piano and stuffed her in. My eyes filled with tears.

The saddest thing was I couldn’t do anything to save them. I saw Ragu dragging himself up near the piano. He shouted in pain.

“Who are you? Why are you doing this to me? What do you need? Please I beg you! Kill me but please don’t hurt her!”

The masked man didn’t respond. Ragu struggled to get up, his hands pressed the piano keys. After that, I heard a bullet sound and I saw him fall dead on the floor.

As if this wasn’t enough, the man pushed Ragu aside, and burnt the piano. I heard Aishwarya’s voice screaming with pain. Nanni and Frank rushed near me and closed their eyes.

It was impossible to watch such a gruel incident. We were totally helpless! I closed my eyes. After all it was just some sort of dream. Suddenly everything started to shake and we were pulled by someone.

When we opened our eyes, we were sitting in the bedroom. Nanni and Frank looked terrified. I saw Aishwarya on the corner of the room. I went near her. I was not afraid of her anymore!

“Aishwarya! Show me your real face! This isn’t you”

“No Alan! This is how I look in real! You have seen me in dreams remember?”

“Its not that! You are burnt alive and you still look like this? Come on! Please?”

“I don’t wish to scare you! Please don’t! Your friends are here as well”

I grabbed her arms and went out of the room. I told nanni and Frank not to come out.

“Now show me will you?”

Her face started fading and I saw a very badly burnt face. It was really horrible and gruesome. She turned herself normal again. I held her hands. I didn’t know why I was doing this, but I thought it was the only way to comfort her.

“Hey Aishwarya look at me now ok? My friends and I have seen what happened that night. I promise that I will find the killer whoever he is”

“Yes…. Thanks….”

She started crying. I hugged her tight. She didn’t feel like a ghost. As Ragu called her, she was really an angel! I smiled at her, called nanni and Frank. Aishwarya started speaking to nanni.

“Ananya! If I have to find the killer, I must need a body because I can’t be in this state for long. So, I need your body just for once. I won’t let anything hurt you!”

“Okay! But can you give me a second?”

Nanni called me out of the room and hugged me tight.

“Teddy! Please find that guy who killed her ok?”

“Ya I will! Don’t worry…nanni..”