Chapter-10

After that there was nothing peculiar. Maybe once or twice I heard some piano notes played mildly somewhere! Must be my imagination.

We went to some flower gardens the next day and returned to Coimbatore by evening. As planned, nanni came to my room and Frank left for tirupur the following night.

“Hey teddy! How come your room is so tidy?” 

“Frank will clean the house twice a day! For him, cleanliness is next to Godliness”

“Then what about you dirty fellow?”

“That idiot doesn’t know cooking, so I will cook for him as well!”

“Wow! That’s awesome teddy. I don’t know anything”

“Yeah that I know…………… hey wait did you hear a piano sound in the house?”

“Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I too heard that! I’m getting scared teddy”

The piano sound was coming from my bedroom! I held the door latch, murmured a small prayer and opened the door. There it was!!! The same damn piano which I played at the resort.

As I went near the piano to check how it played automatically, the piano fallboard slammed hard making me and nanni run out of the house!

“Holy shit! It’s the same freaking piano! Nanni this isn’t a prank! It’s really haunted!”

"Please come to my house teddy"

“I don’t think so! If the piano has come to my house, there’s a chance that it will come to your house as well!”

“Then what we are going to do now?”

“I must find why the piano came here in the first place! You better leave to your friend’s house nanni!”

“And leave you here with the haunted piano just like that? No teddy! That’s not possible!”

“But nann…………………………”

Before I could say anything, nanni hugged me tight and kissed me. It was really intense.

“Teddy! I love you more than you can imagine ok? If you have a problem, I will be there for you”

“Nanni I know you love me but what about the piano?”

“That we will find out together okay?”

“I’m gifted to have you by my side nanni! Don’t be scared okay? Hold my hands tight! Let’s see what the haunted piano is upto!”

I entered the room again and found the piano’s fallboard closed. Nanni trailed behind me, grasping my hands tight. I was glad to have her by my side. After gaining some confidence, I went near the piano and opened the fallboard.

Just as I opened, the piano stool came from nowhere and stood near me. It was like the stool wanted me to sit near the piano! I sat along with nanni and suddenly it pushed us closer to the piano by itself.

“WTF is happening teddy!!!!!??”

“I really don’t know nanni! Just hold me tight okay?”

The room door closed by itself and the lights went out. The room went totally dark and a dim light emitted from the piano. Nanni closed her eyes and hugged me tight. I could sense that she was crying.

As I was comforting her, the piano keys suddenly started playing by itself!! What the hell is happening here!!!!