Chapter-17

I opened the piano fallboard and started playing the notes. All the songs were very difficult so I made lots of mistakes while playing it.

There was nothing strange except for the fact that the piano produced a soulful sound.

Dood I don’t find anything strange happening!”

“Yeah! And this song is tougher than it looks! Im already tired from the travel so can we catch the piano ghost tomorrow?”

“Yeah that’s what I was also about to say. You can come to my room and rest because the piano ghost will be mostly occupying your room today”

“Yeah dood! I’m not in apposition to handle any ghost today! Let’s sleep!”

We slept immediately and during middle of the night, I was woken by the sound. The strange medley had started up again! I saw Frank sleeping peacefully so I continued to lie down, sick of the repetition.

I felt the house shake, but I remained unmoved. It wasn't until a banging at my bedroom door began that I started fearing for my life again.

The banging started off quiet, but soon grew louder. I jumped out of bed and started pushing Frank’s desk towards the door. After placing it in front of the door, I rushed back to bed. I tried to wake up Frank, but it was of no use!

Inspecting the door while the banging continued, I realized that both the door and the desk were moving. It was slight, but noticeable. Before I knew it, the desk fell hard to the floor. Frank was sleeping as if he didn’t even exist in this world.

I covered myself in a blanket, attempting to tune out the strange incidents around me. The banging persisted, but I chose to focus instead on the song.

For the first time, I allowed myself to properly listen to it fully. Upon doing so, I was pleasantly surprised. It was beautiful. Dark and sullen, but beautiful and romantic. The clash of ivory keys coupled with a storming melody soothed me.

It soothed me to the point that I could no longer hear the banging at my door or feel the shaking of the house. It's almost weird to say but I was at peace.

Relaxed, I drifted away with the song, seamlessly entering a state of sleep. While in this musical slumber, I dreamt.

I found myself in a very familiar place. It was the same place where Adventure Hike resort was located but the strange thing was that the resort was not fully constructed. It was as if I had gone ten years back in a time machine.

I was completely aware of my surroundings in the sense that I could feel everything about it. I know that doesn’t make much sense, but it’s the only description I have to offer.

I could see that I was in some sort of dreamland. Determined to find the answers, I started to walk towards the house where I first found the piano.

The small house looked as if it was built recently. I knocked on the door but no response. I pushed the door open. I saw a young couple staring at the place where I was standing.

“How did the door open Ragu?”

“It must be the winds Aishu! Now don’t try to change the topic ok? What did Mithun tell?”

They both spoke with each other as if I didn’t even exist! I sat near both of them and started listening.