Chapter-12

I could hear the sounds of my house along with that strange medley, as well as those of the outside world. I also noticed that the figure in front of me had a swirling aura of energy surrounding it.

It was a pelt of darkness wrapped around the shadowy figure. Before I could even react to its appearance, the dark figure hastily reached out to grab me with a skeletal hand.

I fell backwards in fear. Scrambling to get up, I managed to stand upright and ran upstairs. I went inside Frank’s bedroom and bolted the door.

Nanni was still sleeping as if she was in some sort of trance! I had escaped, but at what cost? In a much less frightened state, I began to think logically.

Was I just going to abandon my house and all of my belongings just because of this... spirit? Was I going to quit my job and leave town? No, of course not.

Just the idea of this was scarier than the ghost itself. Running away was not an option. Tired after such an unusual day, I fell asleep unconsciously.

After I woke up in the morning, I saw nanni sitting near me. She smiled at me and kissed me on the cheeks.

“Hey teddy! What happened yesterday? Please tell me about it! I seriously don’t remember anything”

“Nanni! Thank God you were asleep. I had the spookiest night ever!!”

“Tell me …Tell me …. Tell me”

I told her everything that had happened yesterday. She listened to me with her mouth wide open.

“Teddy! So you carried me all the way upstairs yesterday night?”

“Yup thank God you are not heavy”

“Teddy please lift me now know?”

“Why you want to break my hands?”

“Huh? So meeaaaannn!!”

“Yesterday the ghost was scaring me so I had to lift you up and run! I itself don’t know how I got that strength yesterday! Maybe my prayers helped”

“Hey…….. one second! Yesterday we both were sleeping in the same room na?”

“Yes why?”

“You didn’t do anything to me seriously?”

WTF! I itself was scared and unconscious after what happened yesterday! Idhula nee vera (why this silly question)”

“Po teddy you are waste! I was sleeping near you and you didn’t do anything yesterday”

“Aiyo loosu nanni! Why these kind of questions?”

“Nothing teddy! I don’t know whether we will be alive itself, so can we do it now so that we can be one?”

“Ha ha apdi elam onum aagadhu! (Nothing will happen like that)”

“So how are we going to solve this problem teddy?”

“There are two options. One is to meet the ghost directly face to face or go to the resort again and find the answers from Sathish”

“Let’s go to Kodaikanal then!”

As we were speaking, I heard someone knocking on the main door. We both went downstairs and saw that the piano was not inside the bedroom!

How did the piano go missing? God please do help us! As we were seeing the empty room, I heard the knock again. I went near the main door and opened it.