Chapter 28

'Really Mark? You're gonna put all the attention on me just like that?' I thought before I saw a microphone being handed to me. I looked over to the person who was trying to give the microphone and it was Jay. He gave me a thumbs up before I took the mic out of his hand.

"H-hey Tasha." I said.  "T-thank you so much for saying that. It's been a long time since someone actually took their time to gather that up and say that to me. But really, you didn't have to. All this," I pointed to the huge house we were in. "All this, I don't deserve this. I don't need this. All of this, it should be for someone else, not me." I said.

"Well, me and Tasha did this because  we love you (Y/N). We did this because we care about you." A deep, fimmlar voice said.

"Mark, you really didn't need to. Really."

"But I already did. Watcha gonna do about it?" He sassed.

"What is there's supposed to do? I feel like you made your point." I said and I saw Mark get closer to me.

"The point where I love you?" He asked as he was now in my sight. I nodded.

"You've tried this hard just to tell me that you love me. Mark, I told you already. You don't have to do these big this for me. If you really want me to love you, I'm gonna break you." I said and lowered my head in shame. Then, I felt two, soft fingers pick up my head by my chin. At this rate, we were nose to nose.

"You break me, I break you. We'll both be even at the end of the game." That was the last thing he said before his soft, pink lips came to contact with mine. My eyes slowly closed and it felt like the whole world stopped around me. It was just me and Mark, the only people who were allowed to move or talk or even breath. The hand that was on my chin moved to my waist with his other hands that was holding the mic and he pulled me closer to him. My hands found their way around his neck and pushing his face closer to mine as our lips dance to the song in the background, which was 'Moment 4 Life' by Drake. 'Wow. Mark is kissing loser? And I thought you had no life...' My subconscious said. 'He's really that desperate? That's a new low for Mark....' It said again. 'I swear he just wants you for your body...' It said once more. All those nasty thoughts filled my head. 'But are they true tho?'
'Of course they are! Who in their right fuckin' minds would want to date her?'
'Mark. I mean HE'S FUCKING KISSING HER NASTY ASS!!'
'Damn Mark...That's how you know he's hasn't been laid in a long time..' I pulled away and gave Mark a fake smile. 'Again, he just wants you for your body...' Does he really want me for my body? Am I really just a one night stand for him? Was he just lying to me right now? Did that kiss mean anything? As much as these unanswered questions want to be answered so bad, they probably won't. Mark won't even want to do anything with me in the sheets. The hell was I think- I was interpreted by someone snapping their fingers in my face. I looked to see it was Mark and he was giving me a heartfelt smile.

"Huh?" I said, completely dumbfounded.

"I said do you want to have cake before we leave or not?" He asked. I nodded and he grabbed me and brought me to a big bar. (Hey. Just for the sake of the book, Mark can drink, alright?)

"Ummm....Mark?" I said.

"Yeah?" He repiled.

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

"(Y/N), you're 20. You need to let loose sometime in your life. You need a drink in your life here and there. Please? For me?" He begged as he gave me puppy dog eyes. I sighed in defeat and joined him at the bar. The bartender came up to us and smiled at us.