5

"Hey hottie, guess what? I've got good news!" Zoey exclaimed excitedly as she jumped up and down in front of me.

"What is it?" I ask, trying not to sound as down as I felt.

If Zoey picked up on how upset I was she didn't address it as she spoke. "I told the guidance counselor that I couldn't handle the AP classes I signed up for so now they're gone! We now have English, math, and history together!" She explained with a smile. This immediately changed my mood.

Without thinking I moved quickly to hug her out of excitement but I quickly stopped and grabbed my quickly bruising stomach. 

"I'll kill that bastard," Zoey said in a deathly low voice.

"It's fine, Zoey. I'm just glad we now have classes together. It was lonely without you.

"I'm sure," she said, looking me up and down to assess any other injuries I might be hiding. "Is this why you look like shit today?" 

"Wow, that's for that vote of confidence, what happened to you calling me hottie?" I retort back sassily. 

"You need to stick up for yourself, Madds." She said calmly but her voice was full of disappointment.

"Won't do me any good. Just shut up about it and let's go to Math."

"Whatever, one more piece of good news!" She said as her happy go lucky mood came back out. "We might be getting a dance team started," she said with a smile. My mood once again brightened quickly. 

"What? That's actually amazing!" I squealed with excitement. 

"Yeah, I know! One step closer to being on Dancing with the Stars!" She started with a huge smile. I shook my head but couldn't stop the smile from forming on my lips.

"Come on, let's go to Math."

"UGH, don't you wanna skip?" Zoey tried one more time as we entered the classroom.

"And fuck up my grade? I don't fucking think so." I rolled my eyes and sat in my assigned seat, she sat down beside me because there was no one sitting around me and I figured the teacher wouldn't care. 

That class went by without anything truly happening. The lesson was boring but quick. The work wasn't that hard either which is nice considering we just started the school year. Zoey and I walk together to English but of course, it can't be a peaceful walk, we run right into Tara.

Watch where you're walking sluts," Tara quickly retorts. 

"How are you gonna call us sluts when you've slept with the entire football team?" I reply just as quickly as she came up with her response.

"At least they wanted me, daddy's little girl."

"Look whose talking, daddy's money," Zoey says in my defense.