27

***Cameron's pov***

I woke up to my phone ringing and Madison in my arms. I loved having her in my arms, I always have. Ever since I met her and we hugged, she just made my heart beat a little faster. She got my mind off my heartbreaking ex and I liked that. As I got to know her I know she was beautiful, inside out. I knew it was a risk to just invite her into my aunts apartment because she's a crazy bitch but I couldn't let her not have a place to stay, LA is full of creepy freaks.

I thought my phone was done ringing but whoever was calling actually wants to talk. I pull my arms from under Madison and pick up my phone. It was Sam.

"Hello," I whisper so I don't wake up Madison.

"Where the hell are you? You're suppose to be on the beach. The waves are fucking perfect."

"Calm down, I'll get ready and be there in 10. Madison and I fell asleep late last night and we were tired."

"Just hurry." He sounded rushed. Something else was happening. I rolled my eyes and hung up.

I quickly got ready, I hadn't been surfing in a while and I was probably out of shape. I looked at Maddie before I left and she opened her eyes a little and gave me a sleepy smile before turning and covering her head with the blanket. I can't believe all that that beautiful girl has been through, I can't believe she was my pretty girl. Well, not mine yet, but I was gonna ask her to be my girlfriend when the time feel right because I think I might really be in love with her. I know she told Sam we were dating but I want to make it real, like where I ask her.

As I approached the beach I knew something was wrong. There were far too many people on the beach. And by far too many I just mean that Sam was not alone. "Holy shit."

"Cam, my man!" Ryder said. Ryder Hawks. Rich daddy, LA High's golden blonde boy. Popping blue eyes, makes any girl swoon. Captain of the football, soccer, and baseball team. He even is continuing his sports in college, hoping to be captain of them too. 

"Hey Ryder... How's college treating you?"

"Good, look I'm sorry about what happened in high school.. I was hoping we could move on and become friends again?" He stated questioningly with a slight smirk. I didn't quite believe him yet.

"You mean, after you had sex with my girlfriend, in my room at my apartment? You want to be friends with me? Do you know how bad that hurt me? Obviously not because you don't give a fuck about anyone but yourself. I'm not bring myself back down to that low ass level of whatever we use to be. I'm happy now, I sure as hell don't want to go back to being friends with you. Matter of fact, I can't believe I was ever your best friend. One of my biggest mistakes."

"You don't mean that, Cameron. You aren't happy without me, and I'm sorry. Sandra misses you, and she broke up with me. She said she's tried to talk to you and get back with you. She's cried over you. She's wanted to die because of you." He explained with a smug smirk and I knew he was lying. Sandra didn't give a fuck about me, during, before, or after the relationship. She put nothing in to the relationship while I put everything in the relationship.

"And I've wanted to die because of her. She made a choice, just like you. You both cheated me, and I have no sympathy for either of you. Fuck you, Ryder Hawks. Get the hell away from me. Now!" I sent him the evilest glare I could mange. I hated him. Not just a small dislike, hated him. He tried to ruin me by cheating with my girlfriend. It might have hurt me but I still got what I wanted. No amount of setbacks could ever change how I feel about music. And that's why I quit football. I was the best quarterback LA High ever had. He was forever upset about that.

"Bye Sam, nice seeing you. Cam, its always a pleasure," He winked at me, and started walking away.

"Sam.. Why in the hell would you invite him?" I asked, the anger getting a hold of me. I wasn't just angry, I was pissed. He of all people should know how much I hate Ryder.

"Cam, he told me he wanted to make amends, I believed him. He sounded so sad that you guys were still fighting. And he said Sandra was a mess and wanted us all to be friends again. I felt bad. Cam, please don't be mad at me."

"Oh, I'm not mad." I said with a slight smile. "I'm furious! You brought the boy who tried to destroy me and my dreams to surf with us."

"Cameron, I'm so sorry. I really didn't think it would go like this."

"Me either." I said, grabbing my surf board. Out of shape or not, I need to get away from Sam. I need a distraction. I need something.

I was beyond tired. I surfed for like 3 hours further down the beach where I thought I would get away from Sam. Sam continued trying to talk to me but I kept surfing, keeping as far away from him as possible. Finally he left and I got out. He wasn't kidding, I was sore as shit. I made my way back to the apartment and Madison was in the kitchen writing. I waddled over to her.

"Hi there," She said with a large smile. I kissed her. I kissed her so fucking hard. I put all my anger into the kiss.

"I love you. So fucking much." I said in between kisses.

"I love you, so much."

"Its time you learn somethings about my past relationships," I said, stopping kissing her. It was time to tell her everything she'd never known about me.

"Okay," She said, looking a little confused.

"I had a girlfriend my senior year of high school. Her name was Sandra, and I really thought I loved her. I thought she loved me. But she cheated on me with my best friend, Ryder. And today Sam brought Ryder to surf with us. He tried to be my friend again which made me so angry. This all happened on a night my aunt was out. I threw a party here a while back and that's when they cheated. That night my aunt found out about the party, she was suppose to be out of town but she came back into town when she found out about the party. A drunk driver hit my her. She had serious brain injuries and had a stroke. She wouldn't have been in town if I hadn't thrown the party. I caused all her medical injuries," I sobbed. Its all my fault.

"Oh Cam, I'm so sorry. But its not your fault. Its that drunk drivers fault. Its not your fault, baby." She wrapped her arms around me and I sobbed into her shoulders. She whispered soothing things into me. We slid onto the kitchen floor. And I continued to cry. She continued rubbed my back. Her presence enough was soothing.

"Thank you for being there for me. It really means a lot."

"Its my pleasure, I love you." Madison got on my lap and kissed my cheek. I wrapped my arms around her waist, and she wrapped hers around my neck.

"This moment is perfect because its with you," she whispered in my ear.

It is.