10

I'm exhausted. High. Low. High. Low. It's exhausting.

I stared at the rejected application to The University of California Ivrine. Applying to college, getting a part-time job, handling my senior year, a social life, a relationship, continuing to dance, literally everything was becoming too much. 

I felt the tears slipping down my cheeks as I lay on the floor of Zoey's spare bedroom that'd I've been staying in for a month. I know her parents are ready for me to move on but I can hardly get a stable job let alone take care of myself. I know I'm a failure but they seem to remind me just like my father. 

Dancing on the street doesn't pay enough to live off of, I might have to become a stripper to really get some money, but not being 18 makes that much harder. 

After a while of moping around, I decided to walk in the park. I snuck out of Zoey's house and began walking towards the park. I arrived quickly and sat on a bench. I stared at the tree in front of me before talking to it. "I wish I were as dead as you, tree."

"What the hell? You're far too beautiful to be dead," an unfamiliar voice spoke from behind me. I literally jumped off the bench and began shaking as I looked at the person. He looked familiar as if he went to school with me. His silky brown hair stood out, beautiful blue eyes also stunned me. He looked good, a nice fitted shirt, and I could tell he didn't have abs but he did have small muscles. His eyes made him far more attractive than muscles ever could. "Are you done drooling?" He asked with a smirk.

"Death is far more appealing than you," I reply back snarkily after he caught me off guard.

"Is this your way of telling me you want to die?" He asked with a loud chuckle.

"No, death is just appealing, being here is not." 

"Death is just appealing, being here is not," He quotes me.

"I'm pretty sure I want to live, I want to feel things, experience life. I want to leave North Carolina, I don't want to be stuck here anymore. I want to explore and learn new things. I'm done with North Carolina, I wanna go somewhere new," I explain my true feelings to a stranger with a sigh.

"Let's go to Ohio," he said with a shrug.

"What?" I question with a loud laugh.

"Let's go to Ohio," he repeated.

"I'm not just gonna go with some stranger that just popped out nowhere."

"I'm Danny, you're Madison, let's go explore."

"How do you know my name?"

"We go to school together, remember? Aren't you dating Ashton?" He asked before a look of both realization and shock covered his face. "You're dating Ashton, I've got to go. Bye, Madison!" He shouted before taking off running. I quickly chase after him.