18

"Wow," Danny said, without blinking he had me in a big hug. I wasn't really crying because I cried all night so I was pretty much cried out. 

"What should I do?" I mumbled into his chest.

"Maybe you should let her explain. I don't know. I feel like there could be a good reason she was sleeping with him? Maybe she wasn't sleeping with him at all. I don't know," he whispered softly in my ear.

"I want to ask you a question." I stated, pulling away from him.

"Ask away, love." My heart skipped a beat at love. No one ever called me love.

"Why do you always say Ashton's gonna be pissed if you send stuff to me, talk to me, etc.?" He looked away quickly. We stayed silent for a few minutes, he starred out the window. "Danny?" Ignored. "Daniel?" Ignored. "DANIEL."

"Shut up, Madison!" He yelled, finally making eye contact with me. The anger in his eyes actually caused fear to rise inside me. I quicky stood up, ready to run. 

"Sorry I asked, I'm just gonna go lie down."

"Whatever," he sneered and also got up. I backed up in fear, letting my back hit the wall behind me. Memories flooded to my head of all the people that had ever cornered me. Danny grabbed his keys and was quickly gone as the door slammed shut. Not once did he look back to check on me.

Suddenly tears slipped down my cheeks once again, I guess I wasn't out of tears quite yet. This is not what I wanted, not even close. I shouldn't have asked him the stupid question. Maybe I should go talk to Zoey, maybe she has a perfectly normal explination. She should text me first though, as this is her fault, right? As if on cue I got a text from her. Yet it was not just a text, twenty texts flooded through my phone.

Z: Please answer me

Z: MADISON

Z: I'm sorry

Z: It's not what it looks like

Z: I don't wanna ruin our friendship over some stupid boy

Z: I love you

Z: Talk to me

Z: Reply

Z: At least open my texts

Z: If our friendship ever meant anything to you

Z: Meet me at the coffee shop on 3rd street.

Z: I love you

Z: I'm sorry

Z: I miss you and its been only 2 days

Z: By the way meet me at 4pm

Z: I'll buy you your favorite

Z: At our normal table.

Z: I can't believe how stupid I am

Z: I need you

Z: Please, Madison, please

Text kept coming and my heart kept shattering. It's only 2pm but I needed to get out of here and if I sit there for a while maybe I'll grow the courage to look at her by 4pm. I took a quick shower and washed my face in hopes of looking somewhat more presentable.  Everything in my life has been so toxic and I'm hardly 18. I don't know how to clean any of this up.