19

Everyone acts like following your dreams it easy. It's a whole hell of a lot harder than everyone says when you have no money. Sleeping on a picnic bench also fucking sucks. I've been in LA less than twenty four hours and I want to go home and make amends with Zoey and get ten cats.  Without an address no one wants to hire me, so I can't get a job. To get some income I've set a cup out and sit on the same bench I slept on. I've been singing for awhile now. I've just started singing Bright by Ecosmith when a dude with a guitar sits beside me. He quickly begins playing alongside me. We sounded practically perfect together. 

"What else do you know?" He asked, looking at me with a lopsided smile.

"I know so many songs, just shout one out?" I replied, returning his smile.

"Sweater Weather?" He shouted. I smiled and nodded, he began struming his guitar. 

"All I am is a man
I want the world in my hands
I hate the beach
But I stand
In California with my toes in the sand
Use the sleeves of my sweater
Let's have an adventure
Head in the clouds but my gravity's centered
Touch my neck and I'll touch yours
You in those little high-waisted shorts, oh...

'Cause it's too cold
For you here and now
So let me hold
Both your hands in the holes of my sweater

These hearts adore
Everyone the other beats hardest for
Inside this place is warm
Outside it starts to pour...

'Cause it's too cold
For you here and now
So let me hold
Both your hands in the holes of my sweater

It's too cold,
It's too cold
The holes of my sweater..."    

I finished the beautiful song by The Neighbourhood. I love that song so much. I can't believe he wanted to do that song, out of all songs he could have choosen it was that one.

"Ahhhh!! You were so amazing!" He said, hugging me tightly

"ME? You were better than amazing!" I said back, returning his tight hug. After we broke apart I realized there were people around us clapping. They were clapping for us?

"They're gonna make it big!" One old lady said.

"She's beautiful and talented!"

"So is he!"

"I knew them before they got big!"

I just looked at the small crowd that was watching us. All of them still cheering and smiling. I smiled, maybe I finally found a place I belong.

The crowd slowly disappeared and I walked over to the cup I put out. I counted the money, we made a little over $50. I split it.

"Here's $25. That's almost half. Its only fair." I smiled at him.

"No, no you should keep it," He said, shoving the money back into my hand. He never let the smile leave his perfect face. I took this moment to really look at him. Dark hair, green eyes, muscular but not in a overly jocky way. He was attractive but not too cocky. He seems perfect.