17

Its been a week since her mom came back and she shows no signs of leaving any time soon. Maybe she was serious about coming to live here and 'show off.' Or maybe she will leave soon, I don't really know, all I do know is that I can barely leave my room without her insulting me. The only time I can really escape is going to school and that's hardly an escape. I've got so much work to catch up considering how much school I missed when everything was occuring with my dad.

A text broke me out of my evil thoughts. I looked at my phone. It was Danny. It read:

Dear Madison,

We've known each other a short amount of time and if Ashton reads this he'll be pissed, but I don't care. You need to know this.

You're beautiful, amazing, hardworking, amazing singer and dancer, killer body, killer looks. You make me so happy, and I just get butterflies around you. I know you've been through a lot, and are going through a lot but I thought you should know how amazing you are. (ps this does not mean I like you)

And if Ashton is pissed about me telling you this, so fucking be it. Not like he was gonna say anything nice to you anway.

Feel better princess.

-Danny

Tears flooded my eyes. For a good reason. This was so sweet. I guess I've been actually moping around. I've been trying to hide it at school and that's the only time he'd be able to see it because if I were to even think about having a boy around the house Zoey's mom would use the slut card and everything that goes with it. But I should be saying that about her. She brings a new man in the house every night. She even had an affair with someone else while Zoey's dad was in the hospital three years ago. Zoey's dad Henry had cancer. Sharon has come and gone a lot since then. She sends money and does a lot of random things that doesn't make sense. It's tearing my best friend apart and breaking my heart.

I texted him back a quick and simple reply before getting up to go check on Zoey. I walked out and over to her room. I could hear noise coming from inside. I just listened. It sounded like she had a boy in there. She giggled, then I heard someone get off the bed and walk somewhere in the room.

I opened the door, pretending I didn't hear anything. I sorta looked around. "Hey Zoe, do you have a-" I stopped mid sentence. There was Ashton sitting on her bed, and she was just coming out of the bathroom.

"Hi Maddie.." Zoey said.

"I.. I'm sorry, didn't mean to intervene." I said turning around.

"You're not interrupting anything away. What do you need?" Ashton spoke, before Zoey could speak.

"I don't remember, I'm just gonna go," I said, I couldn't shake the hurt off, and it showed in my voice.

"Stay awhile. We were just getting the party started."

"Yeah, I could tell by your fucking boner," I yelled, tears threatening to fall. He had this bottom half under the covers, making it obvious he had a boner and Zoey went into her bathroom to get a condom.

"Its not what it looks like Madison!" Zoey screamed.