once upon a december | jumin

*OOC

"Your Highness."

The dark haired prince's head tilted to the side,looking at one of his loyal guard through the corner of his eye,

"The Princess awaits your presence." He bowed and the Prince dismisses him then.It was another arranged marriage of a meeting his Father must have planned; an ignorant and waste of time plan. Instead of rushing out as someone has been waiting for him,he simply looks back to stare out through the window into the raining night sky,distant of roaring thunders were heard.

It was just like that night where he lost her.

He remembers the clear and intense {E/C} pair of eyes and once they stare into yours they will never backed down, he remembers the vibrant {H/C} hair locks that he manage to find stands out from the crowds, her childish giggles, her red cheeks and most importantly, her spirits.

He remembers he met her when they were just a twelve-years-old children who lives amongst the gold and diamonds, among the respect of their people and with the hope to guide them in the future.However they were only kids, who desires to play like any other ordinary ones.

He closes his eyes and starts to reminiscing.

The little Prince steps upon the red grand stairs leading to the throne seats, above stand the little Princess who is already smiling down at him. Anyone can see he is entranced by the gift she has,beauty; even in such a small age he can tell she will grow even more breathtaking.

He snaps out from his daze,bowing down to her," Milady,i am Jumin from the North."

The next thing he knows is the smile she flashes for him, it was dazzling. She returns the gesture, "Hello,Jumin. I am {F/N}, my Father told me about your Kingdom often." It was a childish respond knowing she is a few younger years behind nonetheless he enjoys her company that night.

"May i have this dance,Milady?"

She giggled,and unlike any other girls nor women, she confidently places her hand on his with a firm nod, "Of course,you may."

"You do not mind if i ask you to save a dance for me the next time we meet?" Jumin ask,looking down at the pair of {E/C} eyes as they sway against the marble floors,

"Only if you found me first,my prince." She teased,her cheeks red.

"I'll take upon your words then." He accepted.

Ever since the gala, Jumin had no complaints in attending the invitations from her family. His eyes always hoping to find her in the amidst of the crowd underneath the glimmering gold chandeliers.
     He found her laughing as she dances with her Father before running up to her grandmother, loved by everyone and adored by many. It is amusing to have her as a company.

His eyes unconsciously lit up when he saw her,

"{Y/N}-"

"Grandmama!" But stop when she took up the stairs when she got called and so he decided to watch.

He see the Queen Mother handed her a box- a music box to be exact and he could make out how she adore it.

"Soon you'll be home with me,
Once upon a December.."

The lullaby was melodious and being the playful kid she was, she took the Queen Mother's hand and began dancing and twirling. Jumin smiled, backing off for now and awaits for the right moment to approach her once again in hoping he could get a dance with her like that too.

But that chance never came again

The news where the {L/N} palace were attacked by the riot of the people themselves reaches his Kingdom in needs of aid. He drops everything in that fine afternoon, following the order of the Knights his King commanded just to have the particular youngest Princess in his mind to be save.