Johnny and Jasmyn

Jasmyn's POV

I woke up during the night to someone crying, I couldn't exactly figure out who was crying though. Last I recall, Johnny and I don't have any younger siblings and I don't usually cry at night, unless it's a nightmare. But it's rare that I get those, very rare and it's just the odd time. I got out of bed and made my way around in the dark, I tripped over something and fell on the floor. That hurt a little, but I'll be fine. I got up and found the door, after I had my hands on the walls looking around for the dang door knob.

"Finally, I found you!" I whispered to myself quietly so I don't wake anyone else up. I think I am still at Dally's place and I know for a fact that if he's here, then Bud's here too. I made my way downstairs and when I did, I saw the cutest thing ever. Dallas asleep on the couch, he's on his stomach laying across the couch and Bud's on his back asleep like there's no tomorrow. The blanket is hanging half off the couch and I think she's drooling as Dallas is snoring like a hog. I smiled and left to the front door, I made no noise and opened the door, shutting it carefully behind me.

"Man, it's cold out." I said and shrugged it off walking down the street alone. I so hope that no soc gets me or even worse, my parents get to me first. I'd hate to say it, but I think I'd rather have a soc or two jump then have my parents beat me. The socs won't say anything about me, call me names like lots of kids at school. I followed the sidewalk to the lot, where I heard someone cussing and calling my name, it sounded like they were mad and they were breaking things or even worse, a soc had them. I started to run towards the sound and when I got closer, I knew exactly who it was, my brother, Johnny.

"J-Johnny?" I asked, my teeth were chattering and I am shaking because of how cold it is out here. He wasn't here earlier or at Dally's place when I was taken over there. He was here the whole time, made at the world for some reason or me. He was calling my name, and by my name, I mean my full name and he usually never calls me by my full name unless he's mad or upset with me.

"Jasmyn?!" He asked as he walked over to me, his hands and knuckles covered in blood from hitting things since he's mad or upset.

"What's wrong, Johnny?" I asked him. I walked over to the old couch and he followed me, sitting down next to me and putting his hands to face, cussing under his breathe.

"Nothing, Jas. I just needed air." He told me.

"This late at night? I don't think so, kid." I said and looked up at the stars.

"Since when did you become sassy?" He asked.

"Since you left and are now upset, now spill it or I will get someone to make you spill it."

"I just have things on my mind, things you wouldn't understand. So just go back to Dally's and go to sleep." He said looking at me.

"I ain't goin' back, Johnny. You're my brother and it's times like this when we need each other most." I said and rested my head on his arm as I let out a deep sigh and he mumbled the words "Sorry" to me. I nodded understanding him and he pulled me closer to him as he explained to me what was wrong with him. He's just simply worried about me, worried about why I am scared of our parents. I don't know why he's asking this, when he's also scared them and he knows exactly feels. I didn't reply to him and told him that I was tired.

"Night, Johnny." I said quietly and he put his jacket over me and that kept me warm. "Johnny?"

"Mhm?" He said shuffling around into a comfy position to sleep in.

"Why are people so cruel in our world?"

"Because, not everyone has a heart and if they do, then they're basically broken or something has ticked them off good enough that they're willing to push people out of their lives, make 'em miserable or depressed." He told me.

"Kinda like us?" I said.

"Yeah, Jas. Now get some rest so we can have a fun day or something tomorrow." I nodded and fell asleep in my brother's arms, filled with warmth and so much love.

"Love you, Johnny." I said.

"I love you, Jas." He said and after that, it was quiet and very peaceful out here. All you could hear was the crickets, the birds and the cars stopping intensely at an intersection or a red light.