5. Falling apart

A/N: I feel like not much is going on right now. I need plot ideas😩

*****************************

Chapter 5-Falling apart

Aria's PoV

Ezra and I were walking down the street, hands intertwined, heading towards my house when I saw emily, Hannah and spencer walking my way. They had seen everything and they looked shocked. They walked up to me and I stopped in my tracks. I was speechless.

"Hi girls." I said very slowly. This was so awkward. I hadn't spoken to the girls much since Ezra and I started dating. I didn't mean to leave them for a guy but to be honest, I have been soo caught up with Ezra that I forgot about all the plans we had. I ignored all their calls and completely blew them of. I feel like an awful friend.

"Hmm this is-" I tried to explain but I was cut of by Emily.

"Mr fitz?" Emily gasped. "What are you doing here? Aria are you-" Emily begun but I cut her of. This was so awkward but I couldn't keep this a secret anymore, not from my best friends. They deserve to know and I feel awful about not telling them the second we started dating.

"I can explain everything." I said.

Hannah kept staring at our hands, which still clung together like glue. I went bright red like a tomato and I couldn't stop myself. All the blood rushed too my face and I felt really hot-ashamed too. I just wanted to curl up into a corner and not have to any questions that I didn't want to answer.

"Aria, we are your best friends, why didn't you tell us?" Spencer begun."We tell you everything but yet you had to keep this secret all to yourself. How could you?"

They began walking away so I grabbed Spencer's arm and she stopped but wouldn't look at me.

"Please let me explain." I begged. She pulled her arm back then looked at me face to face.

"Meet us at the brew in half an hour." Nothing else was said. They turned around and left us standing in the streets.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder.It was Ezras. His hand didn't make me feel better; it made me feel worse than I already did. I shaked his hand away and tears began to flood my eyes and they came out uncontrollably. I couldn't stop.

We had been best friends for ages. Everything was falling apart. I had to fix this. Right now, nothing else mattered to me more than fixing my friendship with the girls, who I have known since forever. We can't fall out over a boy.

I need to put Ezra aside and meet them. My friends mean the world to me. Ezra will understand. I should've known, friends always come before guys.

"Aria..." Ezra said. His voice was soothing but it didn't help me get my friends back. My heart broke. I felt sick. My legs could no longer hold me up. I collapsed to the floor and Ezra held me tightly as I fought viciously to be free of his grasp. I Stopped fighting him after a few seconds then sobbed harder and snuggled into his chest. I was sat in a pool of my own misery.

"This is my fault." I said, fighting through the tears.

"No. Don't you dare blame yourself!" He reassured me. Trying to comfort me was useless. He couldn't help me. Not this time.

I untangled his arms which gripped onto my waist and ran home. I didn't look back. I heard Ezra yell my name a few times from a distance but I ignored him. He is the reason why my friends were disappointed in me. Look at the life I'm living. I'M SLEEPING WITH MY TEACHER. I'm not thinking straight. When have I ever ditched my friends for a guy? Ezra has changed me and I don't like the person I have become. Our relationship can wait. I need to clear my head and get my priorities straight. I need to think about whether I'm really doing the right thing and the only way I can find that out is if I talk to Hannah, spencer and Emily. They know me more than anyone and I really need them to be honest with me when I explain my love life to them but first I need to fix our friendship.

Forgive me Ezra but I have to do what's best for me

************************************
Poor Ezra. I almost cried writing this. I know it's short and probably the shortest chapter so far but I'll make up for it.

Comment
Vote
Follow

-Natalie