25. Perswasion

Ella's (Aria's mum) PoV

I was shocked. No shocked was an understatement, I was mortified. I will not allow this.

"Aria this needs to stop." I pleaded. "You must know it is wrong." I grabbed arias hand but she yanked it away and turned away from me.

"I know what I'm doing is wrong mum." This confused me. "but I love him too much to let him go." A tear escaped her eye and I brought her in for a hug. She didn't stop me;she obviously needed it.

"Baby I just don't want to see you get hurt." I whispered into her ear and I stroked her soft, sweet, strawberry-scented hair.

"I don't want to see Ezra get hurt either." She sobbed. I held her face in my hands.

"He's already hurting Aria. He's fiancé died and now you've told him that you have breathing problems. That scares me more." She looked away to shed a tear.

"I know that mum but-"

"But what aria? You need to end this or I have no choice but to keep you away from him." I butted in. I couldn't afford for Aria to have anything standing in her way in life. She had to end this ridiculous relationship.

"Mum Do you like him?" She coughed. She wiped her tears away and I could see that her eyes were red and bulgy from crying to much.

"What?"I said, not wanting to answer the question.

"Do. You. Like. Him." She repeated. You could see the anger and frustration in her voice. It was scary to see her like this.

"I did." I wasn't going to lie. He was a good teacher but everyone has secrets. I just didn't expect aria to snoop so low and marry a teacher. She's 17 for God sake. This can't be happening. Not to my Aria. Not to my baby girl. What has she gotten herself into?

Still turning away, Aria began to speak again after a minute silence.

"He's still the same person." She said. Ezra will never be the same person again. He's a pervert, taking advantage of his role as a teacher. He probably only took the job so he could check out the young ladies in his classes.

"No... His not." I said slowly. "He will ruin any chance you have at getting a career and a proper, healthy life. What's it like sneaking around day in day out. It must be stressful right? It's not healthy Aria."

"I don't care mum. I love him and right now I need to rest so if you don't mind, I must go. They are putting me asleep to solve the problem with my lungs." This scared more than anything. My baby girl having is going to have major surgery.

"Well you should care Aria. I only want the best for you." I said. She looked into my eyes like she was being hypnotised.

"If you care about me that much then why can't you accept that I love Ezra and it's real, true, sexy love." Her frown turned upside down but it didn't last. I wanted to see her happy but not like this. This was much much worse. I couldn't watch Aria ruin her life because of a mistake that she will only understand later on in her life. As her mother, I want to keep her on track and Ezra is stopping her from achieving great things which I know she can do if she works hard enough.

"Aria there is no easy way to say this." She listened impulsively. "I hate the person you've become. Ezra is changing you." She looked angry. If looks could kill I'd be dead already.