26. Success

Ezra's PoV

The piecing rays of sunlight awoke me from, what I thought would be, an everlasting nightmare. I was still here. Lying in a hospital bed with a blinding headache. I wanted to know what was going on.

Aria was suffering and I had to stay, cooped up in an uncomfortable hospital bed. I swear I could feel the springs piecing into my back and through my flesh. It tickled my spine just thinking about that horrible thought. It feels like I slept in the floor all night. My muscles are stiff and my head still hurts from that bag making contact with my head. It bloody hurts. Arias mum must have had a brick in their or something really hard. I've had this headache for a day now. It won't leave me alone. I also have other problems to deal with such as aria possible not lasting the week. I need to be with her.

Ever since she told me about her lungs, I couldn't stop thinking out her. She consumed my ever thought and I couldn't get the image of her out of my mind. She was like an elastic band drawing me in.

Two nurses came in and they seemed to be in a happy mood. Hopefully they were here to tell me good news to go with their mood.

"Hey Ezra." One of the nurses said- the one on the left, with curly blond locks to be specific. "I have been looking at your health record and the bag you were hit with." I could help but let my thoughts travel make to aria when they mentioned the bag. I thought about how the operation went. I guessed that it went well as I couldn't afford to hear bad news. "The damage wasn't major so you are free to leave whenever you're ready. We can give you an ice pack if you'd like." I nodded and the nurse left the room to get an ice pack. The other nurse, with a disturbing smile and shiny straight hair, held her head on her hands and gazed at me. I looked away and tried to workout what she was looking at.

"Did anyone ever tell you that you have pretty eyes." That answered my question. It was like she knew what I was thinking. All of a sudden I felt awkward.

"Yes doctor they have. To be more specific- my girlfriend." I replied. This didn't throw her of me though which annoyed me. She continued to stare at me and then played with her hair. I sank down beneath the sheets.

"Hmm interesting." She said. "I wonder how good you are in bed." She mumbled under her breath. This made me feel even more awkward than before.

"Did you hear what I said?" I slammed my hands on my head which wasn't a good move to make. It only made my head feel worse. Good job Ezra I thought to myself.

"I don't think I did. You are gorgeous but definitely not my type." I said, rolling my eyes at her. She didn't notice. She was in her own little fantasy world.

"Got the ice!" The other nurse yelled then strolled back into the room. Thank god for that. Saved by the ice. I feel like praising her for coming to my rescue.

"Thank you. I appreciate it and everything you've done for me." They said. "I'm going to see my GIRLFRIEND now." I specified to the love sick doctor. Seriously though, how did someone like her get this job when she's too busy drooling over the patients than helping them.

"Girlfriend. Aww wouldn't that be nice to have. Caroline and Ezra. Ezra and Caroline. " I give up. This women is the definition of dumb.

I put the ice pack to my head then searched for arias room which wasn't too far to find. Arias parents were fast asleep, laying on top on each other on the bench placed outside. They must have had a busy night.