24. Can't breath

Arias PoV

I woke up the next day In my hospital bed. I was sick of it. I wanted to go home. On top of that, I wanted to see Ezra. He was pretty banged up himself. My mum must have hit him really hard. I feel sorry for him. My parents are usually nice around people but I get it-I do.

My parents arnt perfect but they want what's best for me so I get why my mum hit Ezra but it hurt to see him fall to the floor like that. My parents need to accept that I love him and that I will never stop loving him. He's my soulmate. He's my everything and he's my fiancé.

I don't care what anyone says. I'm going to marry Ezra when I leave school.

After letting my eyes adjust to the sunlight, I looked for my phone in case I had any unseen text messages or missed calls.

I looked everywhere, on my bed, on the bed- side cabinet. Everywhere. My mum must have took it as further punishment. I'm glad I have a password. I don't get any privacy these days. I hate it. My parents suffocate me like I'm going somewhere they don't approve. Since my mum found out about me and Ezra, she hasn't left the hospital. Everywhere I turn, she's there. I'm trapped an I don't like it.

Two doctors came in the room and I looked up.

"Good morning, we hope you slept well." One of them said. She had blonde curly hair and this unforgettable smile.

"I did thank you." I said. I sat up and breathed in some air. It felt good to breathe normally again. When I had a panic attack, I really did feel like I was dying. It was scaring. I feel relieved that I got to the hospital on time and I feel more relieved, and slightly surprised, that my dads home. I haven't seen him in years and then he just pops up out of the blue. Mum didn't even tell me that they were working things out. I guess I kept her from doing so. "So when can I go home?" I asked nicely.

"We still need to do a few tests but..." She paused and looked at me.

"What? What is it? What arnt you telling me?" I questioned.

Doctors were not allowed to keep things from their patients. It just wasn't fair to lie to me about something that could be life- threatening to me. I deserved to know every ounce of the truth.

"We did an X ray and we found something really suspicious." They told me. My heart started pounding like it could jump out of my chest any second. What were they saying?

"What did you find?"I gulped, not looking directly at them.

"Your lungs are damaged. There is something stopping the air from coming out. Stress didn't cause that panic attack. Something else did." The doctor said.

"Wait slow down." I said. I began breathing heavily again and the machines made a beeping sound. My heart rate increased.

"Aria calm down." The doctor with dark brown hair sat on my bed and rubbed my back. She told me to take deep breathes so I did. The other doctor rushed of to get help.

"What's wrong with me?" I asked. I didn't get an answer. Only the silence that followed. "Tell me that everything will be ok. I need to hear that." I sobbed.

"You will be ok. I can promise you that. We won't let anything bad happen to you." She said. I looked up and she smiled. I didn't. I just stared wildly.

"Don't make promises you can't keep." I said. People die all the time. Not all doctors are that great at their job so I can't rely on anyone.