9. Light at the end of the tunnel

I really liked how this chapter turned out like how i layed it out and everything. I wrote this ages ago and forgot to post it so sorry for the long wait.

*****************************Aria's PoV

I woke up to the warm winter sun shining through the blinds that I forgot to close. I got out of bed and then I heard my phone vibrating. Ezra's face appeared and he looked so happy in the picture. I wanted to see that smile again.

I fought the urge to answer my phone and just let it go to voicemail. My mind was overcrowded with stuff I wanted to say to him but I didn't want to say it all over the phone with the way I left things with him. I walked away without giving him an answer days ago and now Emily is telling me to stay away from Ezra. What a life.

I backed away from my phone and headed for the bathroom, thinking about Ezra every second of the way. I shouldn't be thinking about him but I can't help it. He's like a magnet drawing me in. I can't get him out of my mind no matter how hard I try.

Lately, since I left Ezra that day, I haven't been able to sleep at night. He's affecting my everyday life. All I have to do is go up to him and tell him how I feel but then I'd have Emily to deal with.

I pushed the thoughts of Ezra to the back of my mind and brushed my teeth. Today was going to be a good day. I deserved it. I had enough trouble in my family to deal with and Ezra is the least of my problems.

My parents don't seem to love each other like they used too. They always fight and I hate it. My dad is always on business trips and my mum can't deal with it. He leaves us for months at the most and when he comes home, he's only here for a few days before he has to go and leave again. I hate it. It makes me want to fix my relationship with Ezra because my parents cease to have one.

I looked in the mirror and saw that my hair was a mess. It was so horrific that I was scared of my own reflection. My hair looked like a bush and I had bags under my eyes which made me look like a character from scream.

I went back to my room and grabbed a hairbrush to fix my hair. I ended up putting it into a neat braid on the side of my head with a bit of my hair covering my right eye.

Once my hair and makeup was done, I picked out an outfit for the day which was extremely difficult. I am a girly girl and I have to look nice for pretty boys. If I didn't care about my appearance then I never would have got a handsome guy like Ezra to have sex with me.

This is so hard. What was I thinking? Trying to stay away from Ezra eats away at me and I can't keep it up. Forget everything Emily said. She doesn't know Ezra like I do. I'm in love and so is he. I can tell. Love is rare so you really do have to grab a hold of it once it happens to you.

I ran down the stairs and out the door without eating breakfast. I saw the girls outside and I just realised that it was a school day. I looked at my watch and we were so close from being late. If we didn't leave right this second, we would surely be late.

"Sorry girls I overslept." I lied. Scrap that. I'm done with lying."I mean I forgot it was a school day dispite getting up early and I couldn't stop thinking about Ezra."

They all stared at me with wide eyes.

"Aria you need to get over him." Hannah spurted out. I felt ashamed. I promised them I could get over him and now I'm about to break that promise.