31. one last time

Arias PoV

"Miss Andrews oh my god!" I screeched. I couldn't believe my eyes. Yet again I had caused someone to suffer because of my actions. The fact that I got my self a detention put her in danger. If she didn't have to stay after school hours to give me a lecture about my attitude then maybe she wouldn't be in the situation she is in right now. It's my fault. Every bad thing that happens is my fault. People die because of me. Due to me and the girls being targeted, anyone we interact with is at risk of being harmed. I literally hate my life but there is no escaping it.

I looked straight ahead of me and saw miss Andrew's unconscious body on the floor, cuts were over her face and a few pieces of glass stuck out of her skin. The sight of the blood made me want to barf. I checked her pulse nervously and I felt relieved when I felt it beat rapidly.

I looked around me and squinted my eyes as I saw flames, hot like the sun, lighting everything in its path. My eyes burned as I stared at the light. The classroom was destroyed, tables and chairs turned to ashes and the stacks of books didn't help put out the fire as they weren't exactly fire proof. I ran for the door but the ceiling collapsed, debris covered the exit- my only exit.

I began to panic now. If it wasn't clear that I was panicking before, I definitely was now and the fire was getting bigger by the second so I needed to act fast. Shelves had burned to the ground and the smell of gasoline filled my nostrils and that's when it hit me. This was no accident; it was set on purpose. I searched for the root of the smell and came across two red tanks of petrol that were tipped over. I felt like my eyes were about to leap out of my sockets. I swallowed hard and looked for any possibility that I could escape. My worst fear was coming true. One which I dreaded this whole time and that was that I would one day die in this hell hole (school ).

I thought about the disturbing text I got from -A earlier. Don't fight fire with fire or that is what you get. It couldn't have been a coincidence that this has happened only a few hours after it was sent. -A has been watching my every move all day. She must have heard my conversation with miss Andrews earlier, that I would have to come here after school. It is clear to me now, more than ever, that I am a threat to anyone who acossiates themselves with me. I am a bomb waiting to explode.

Without second thoughts, I rushed to miss Andrews' side and hesitantly placed two fingers to her neck, checking her pulse. It was faint but it was there. Nervously, I pulled out the pieces of glass and miss Andrews groaned. That was a relief, seeing her move, but her eyes still wouldn't fully open.

The smoke was getting thicker so I had to take action. I dragged miss Andrew's out of the classroom by her arms, coughing uncontrollably. The air was becoming thinner and I was losing precious time.

"Someone help!" I yelled with all the strength I had. No one came. I shouted again and this time i was heard. There was hope for us yet.

"What happened?" Mr Yanke blurted out though the wall that was between us. I could sense that he was worried.

"Fire. No way out." I said faintly, slowly dropping to the floor. "Get help."I mumbled and collapsed to the floor. The smoke had got into my lungs and I could hardly breathe.

Everything became dark and I struggled to open my eyes. I wanted to but I had no strength and all I could smell was the smoke as it suffocated my lungs. Before I closed my eyes completely, I saw a message written on the wall- in blood.
.
.
.
Hannah's PoV

I stood outside the school building with Caleb by my side. He's been going on and on about why I haven't been around much lately. I want to tell him but there is no telling what -A is capable of this time around. I want to keep him safe and he just needs to accept the fact that there are some things I can't tell him. It's for the best. Is it so bad that I want to put his safety being above my own?