14. Flashback

Nothing to say here.
See u at the end.
Enjoy ;)
************************************
Ezra's PoV

After last night, talking to Aria, I felt a lot better. The dream I had really left me worried and scared. It felt so real. I haven't had a nightmare since I was little and I didn't miss them one bit. I used to have nightmares about monsters under my bed or someone trying chop my balls of after watching 'saw' with my parents a few times but the dream I had last night was a lot worse.

I didn't tell aria the details because it would have freaked her out. I don't want her to worry about me.

In my dream, a man stood on the side of the road in rosewood. He cornered me so I drove into an alley way which was dark and frightening. The buildings were tall and spooky-looking as the sun was almost setting. Aria was nowhere to be seen but then this man, with a long pointy grey beard and wearing a tuxedo, came out of nowhere and walked towards me ever so slowly. His face looked dark and evil like he wanted revenge on my soul. His brown piecing eagle-like eyes focused on me and he continued to walk directly to me. It was scary. He was like a robot. The way he walked towards me was horrific. As soon as he reached me, he placed his hand on my shoulder, which set chills down my spine and not the good kind. He laughed an evil laugh and all of a sudden I was in a jungle.

I looked all around me and I saw Nicole hanging by a thread at the edge of a cliff. At that split second, my heart broke for her. It pounded in my chest like a drum. I rushed over to her as fast as my legs would carry me but then I saw something else that really freaked me out. Aria was also there, barely hanging on.

I could see the fear in her eyes; in both of their eyes. It scared the life out of me and I didn't have the strength to pull them both up on my own. I had to choose. They both looked so scared and vulnerable and I didn't know what to do.

The man came up to me, placing a hand on my shoulder which, again, sent cold chills up my spine. His hand was as cold as ice. I jerked back.

"You can't have them both. You must choose one. Who can you not live without? Choose wisely my friend." He told me then disappeared into thin air, leaving me with an impossible decision to make. I couldn't choose. I loved both of them so much.

I went over to the edge of the cliff and glanced down at them. They both held on for dear life. Choose wisely that's what the old man had said.

"Help me Ezra. You know you love me."Nicole had said in the dream. Tears ran down her cheeks. She looked so helpless. I was basically in control of their lives. If I reach for one, the other would die.

"No choose me Ezra. That bitch deserves to die. I'm way prettier that that slag over there. You know what you want." Aria seemed so not herself in the dream because I know her. She cares about my feelings but in the end of the dream, I chose Nicole and I regretted it but I'm glad it was just a dream and not real.

When I saw Aria fall of that cliff, I heard her say something in her final moments of life. It was vague but I just about caught her words before she was blown into oblivion.

"That whore is no good for you Ezra. You know it!" That's when I woke up and the next think I knew Aria was holding me and I just kissed her to make sure she really was there and she was. I've never been so glad to see Aria in my life. She means the world to me but that dream taught me a few things. I'm not over Nicole.

I have to be though. Aria's in my life now and I really do love her. I just can't make that decision if it comes to a choice like that in reality. Aria can never know how tough the choice was in my dream. Never.

************************************

Wow Aria is so cold hearted in this chapter. I think her character in this book has changed a lot. Tell me your opinions. This is another short chapter, I know but bare with me. School has been stressful at the moment.😩