|4|

"I'll see you later, Grace. It was nice to talk to you. Have a nice day." Holland waved off making his way to the gates to see his friends scared.

"You too." Grace responded calmly as the breeze blew through her. She stood up and made her way back to her house, to see everyone just taking a seat at the dining table, once they spotted Grace, they noted the time as they nodded their heads.

Grace washed her hands and picked up her fork and started taking bites of her food. She was thinking back to when her body jerked into the steel bar as the action internally relayed into her body as she moved slightly in her seat. Shaking it off, she garnished her meal with her beverage.

Getting up and making her way to her room, Grace was aware of the time and the things she needed to do. Homework. She pulled out her backpack and emptied the contents that were inside the black bag.

The books were scattered across the wooden table. Exhaling, Grace grabbed a pen from the desk top holder of which her stationary dwelled; she started opening her books and completing her homework.

Scribbling and analysing pieces of texts that made sense to her, she ended the task off with a full stop. Sighing, she stretched back into the swivel chair as she heard the satisfied click of her back. Yawning, Grace stood up and decided to change her clothes.

She headed into the shower and had to wrap the plastic bags around her bruises to ensure they weren't affected, taking a little longer, Grace stepped out and dried herself off, changing into comfy jogger pants and a hoodie. Drying her hair naturally, Grace was in need of sleep.

After ten minutes of cleaning her bedroom, she studied the place and looked satisfied. Closing the windows, Grace crawled into her bed, as she caught a glance at the time, 4pm.

Her legs were less achy as she rested her body in the cold mattress. Yawning again, Grace's head landed on the pillow as she closed her eyes drifting off to sleep.

Awakening to the sound of her phone, Grace's eyes opened up, she felt tired and sore, blinking rapidly, she pulled her phone from the bedside draw and answered the phone placing it to her ear.

"Grace, I know you're hurt, but come to the alley, now." With that the phone ended, Grace felt the tiredness enter her system again, but she had to regain a good posture.

Getting out of the bed, she felt her body twinge in pain, biting down on the pain, Grace fixed her appearance; washing her face, reeling her hair. Placing on a leather jacket and replacing her hoodie for a zippy hoodie, she looked like her normal self.

With her jogger pants, blue zippy hoodie and her leather jacket on top, Grace, headed down the stairs and slipped on her converses as she rushed out the house.

Her mom and dad were at work and her three other siblings were watching TV. She felt her face go cooler, from earlier splashing water on her face and from the breeze.

Her hands were stuffed into her pocket staring at the time from the big clock tower reminded her that it was 6:45pm. The bright sky still shone but held a little cold to it, shivering internally.

Grace made her way to the alley as she saw a depicted drawing of a plan. She blinked a few times and saw Evangeline looking at the drawing with care.

"Do you see this?" Evangeline spoke with a magnifying glass, without turning around. Grace nodded her head as Evangeline turned to her.

"This is a map to the location." Evangeline turned to Grace with the detective equipment.

"What location?"

"The location to which you're hunting down a criminal." She paused as Grace furrowed her brows. "How did I know this? I'm a snooper, I get sources." She shrugged as she placed her magnifying glass away.

"Why do you have a magnifying glass?" Grace asked.

"This is for you." Evangeline smiled as Grace stared at her friend and at the magnifying glass that was given to Grace.

"What do you want?" Grace asked as she took hold of the piece of equipment as Evangeline smiled.

"I want to help!" She spoke with a happy smile.

"My skills are amazing, you know that. I could find several pieces of information quickly. You know that." Grace knew that, but she didn't show any movement.

"Grace, we're best friends and nobody knows you better than I do."

"What has that got to do with anything?"

"It means, that everyone needs a partner and I could be your partner."

"You don't even like these sort of things." Grace explained.

"No, I don't like it when you do it. When I do it, it's good." Evangeline nodded as she tried to appeal her point with a comforted gaze.

"What I mean is when you do it, it's different but when we figure something out together, it's better."