|21|

Valerie's arms were crossed. Her eyebrows were creased and her brown eyes were glaring at Grace like they despised her. Grace ignored her look but this time moved her eyes to her three other siblings.

George was staring cautiously at Valerie and averted his eyes to his twin sister.

Vincent looked frustrated at Valerie but gave Grace a confused but knowing look.

Grace moved her eyes onto Summer who was fidgeting and shifting her weight on the spot.

Grace's eyes moved back to Valerie who had already looked like she had, had enough.

About to move, when someone stopped her. Grace moved back to her spot and stood still as the two elder sisters stared at each other.

"What are you playing at?" Valerie began as Grace was confused. Her eyebrows positioned themselves into a furrowed expression.

"What are you talking about?" Grace asked.

"You know what I'm talking about. Let it click into your head." Grace shook her head slowly, through her peripheral vision she could see Summer squirming slightly. This caught Grace's attention.

"What do you want to say?" Grace moved her eyes back to Valerie.

"What do I want to say? What do you want to do, is the bigger question." Valerie glared at her younger sister.

"You know, Grace. I honestly thought you weren't capable of something like this." Valerie shook her head. "You've just kept proving me wrong each year."

"I don't under-."

"Of course not! You never do. You never realise that Summer is the youngest daughter and that she shouldn't be getting involved with you at all!" Those last ten words echoed throughout the entrance of the house.

Grace didn't want a repeat of what happened today near the lockers.

"Get to your point, Valerie." Grace breathed out.

"What is this that I'm hearing? Summer fighting against strangers? Somebody she didn't know!"

"What was I supposed to do?" Grace inquired as Valerie's voice was now a shout.

"What were you supposed to do? What you were supposed to do was to protect your younger sister." Grace's eyebrow lifted up in synch.

"You wanted me to protect Summer?" Grace questioned.

"Do you have another younger sister?" Valerie rhetorically questioned.

"I don't get it, you're telling me I was supposed to protect Summer, when she entered something that wasn't any of her business in the first place?" Valerie listened to Grace.

"Do you even know what she did?"

"Of course I do, because unlike you I actually do care for her and I actually act like a sister to her."

"Valerie." George and Vincent piped up.

"What you're saying is wrong."

"Don't stop me, today." There was a silence. "She deserves to hear it. I mean she never does anything." Valerie rolled her eyes.