|13|

"It may seem very absurd but it's the truth." Paul nodded his head as the two came to a halt.

"I know you are searching for the dark mystery man." Grace furrowed her brows.

"You know the one who's always lying and tries to escape?" Grace realised what Paul was talking about.

He wasn't talking about the attacker but an opposing gang member who was always lying about various things.

Jack had said something else, to what Paul had mentioned.

Were Paul and Jack looking for two different things?

Internally, breathing out Grace nodded her head slowly.

"You're not much of a talker." Paul noticed as they continued to walk again.

Grace decided to shrug it off as she began to speak,

"That's one thing." She nodded.

Grace stopped walking as Paul understood that Grace had arrived to her location.

"See you." He waved as he continued walking. Grace made her way to the next road and made her way to her house.

Going inside the house to see George, Vincent and Valerie watching TV.

"There you are Grace." George noted.

Taking her shoes off, as she headed inside the living room, taking a seat on the sofa as Vincent passed her the popcorn.

"You're just in time." Vincent motioned as the movie started.

Taking a handful of popcorn in her hand, Grace passed the popcorn around to Valerie who took it. Grace placed the popcorn on her mouth as the movie credits began to roll in.

Three hours into the movie, Grace saw that Valerie and Vincent were dosing off. George was staring at the TV screen as Grace was staring at the villain.

This had just gotten interesting.

As the movie ended an hour and a half later, George turned to Grace.

"How was 'work' today?" He asked her.

"It wasn't that bad to be honest." She shrugged.

"How was the store?" George shrugged.

George worked at a sports store with Vincent. They earned a lot, despite the fact that they loved sports, they enjoyed helping others finding various sports equipment and etc.

George and Vincent always wanted to be coaches/trainers when they grew up.

"It's cool. Customers come in and ask for details even ask for numbers." He shrugged and shook his head.

"Well, that's..." Grace trailed off. "...something." She ended finding the right or filler word.

"Well, I'm gonna go crash. I need to wake this dude up first." He shook his head.

George got up and called Vincent and Valerie as well as Grace headed to the kitchen taking the popcorn bowls.

Washing the bowls, Grace thought about how today's events went by and the new surroundings she was filled with. After drying up the bowls and washing her hands, Grace dried them and headed upstairs.

Getting dressed into her PJs, Grace used the bathroom: washed her face, brushed her teeth and combed back her hair.

Dropping onto her bed, she breathed out. Falling asleep after plugging her phone on charge, Grace awaited for how tomorrow would greet her.

*****

Waking up to the sound of her alarm, she got up and made her way to the bathroom. Washing her face and brushing her teeth, Grace felt more awake.

She decided to take a hot shower, which made her body feel warm as she dried herself off and changed into a pair of black jeans, an undershirt with a grey jumper with lettering on it.

As her hair was already naturally straight and looked generally neat; she pulled her jumper down. Placing on her watch and her socks, Grace grabbed her phone and grabbed her bag as she made her way downstairs.

Making her way to the kitchen, Grace ate her breakfast in silence as her parents were currently talking amongst each other.

Finishing her glass of water, Grace made her way upstairs as she used the bathroom, placing on her khaki coloured jacket that reached till above her knees as she fixed herself and heading back downstairs.

Sitting on the stairs, Grace, tied her shoelaces and headed outside of the house, as she heard someone calling her but she continued walking.

"Grace! Grace! Hold up!" She turned around to see Summer.

Summer was chasing after her sister in hopes of catching up to her, as Grace was ready to cross the road.

Crossing the road, Summer was walking alongside, Grace as both sisters were walking together in the same direction toward school.

"How are you?" Her sister asked breathing out.

"Good. You?" Grace asked as she looked right seeing others come out of their house and head towards school.

"I'm very well! But you're walking too fast." She breathed out as she continued walking along Grace's speed.

"This is how I normally walk." Grace answered.

"I think I'm unfit." Summer shook her head.

Grace had her hands stuffed into her jacket pockets as the breeze blew across both sisters. It was edging near Autumn as the leaves were falling and new ones would grow again during spring time.

Nearing school, Grace and Summer crossed the road one more time as they both entered the gates, to see others levelling their cars, bikes, motorcycles into vacant spots or walking with friends.

Entering the school doors, Grace spotted a familiar face lingering along the hallways. Jack.

He was now in his usual attire, a button down with jeans, a hoodie barricading his body as his grey eyes were replaced with blue ones framed over glasses.

He caught sight of Grace and turned the other way. Summer had also recognised the boy and was about to walk when Grace swiftly grabbed her hand.

Letting go of her hand, Grace headed to her locker as Summer followed her.

"I don't understand why didn't you let me say anything?" Grace opened her locker and placed her bag inside.

"You've already done a lot." Grace paused. "It's better to keep quiet than jump to conclusions." Grace closed her locker door and headed towards the hallways of the school.

"Well, then I'm gone." Summer sheepishly breathed out.