|20|

Exiting the premises of the police station, Grace's hands were stuffed into her pockets as she was passing by busy people on phones or with their children.

Going through a different street, Grace saw a familiar bevy of people.

"Do you know how important, it is to keep them with us?" Someone roared.

"Jack is a strong person, but then again he's very weak."

"Do you mean strong as in words?"

"Strong as in he can lift up a jack lead." People were laughing at this statement.

"Ah, without that kid, we wouldn't have received any information about any of the doings. I mean he can't really fight, can he?"

"So why did you recruit him into the gang?"

"Let's just say its all fair in love and war."

"Huh?"

"Jack was only a toy, he was basically the — how do you say it? Lurer."

"He wasn't of any use to me. Now when he comes tomorrow, I suggest everyone give him the 'respect'." He winked. "He deserves." Ending with laughter amongst the group of people.

Jack was staring at all of this with Grace from afar as he looked disappointed and actually disgraced by this new found knowledge.

Grace and Jack both started walking as the street lamps were lit, the both of them were covered with jackets or hoodies, they both stood opposite one another.

"Well, Grace. You were right."

Jack breathed out this sentence as his grey orbs reflected truth and honestly laced through them. He exhaled through his nose and continued to speak.

"I shouldn't have doubted you."

"You didn't. I understand."

"You do?" He asked confused.

She nodded her head. "Let's just say, I may know a couple of people."

He raised a brow. "A couple?"

"Think what you may, but-."

"I know. I have full belief in you, Grace." He paused for a few moments before continuing. "Thanks." Grace looked at him kind of curious and confused at the same time.

"For what?"

"For showing me something that could've made me even more naive than I already was."

"That's not your fault, Jack. We're all gullible in our own ways, we just have to use the bigger part of our mind and think twice." Grace thoughtfully spoke.

"How are you so wise?" Jack thought.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you're always so calm and ensure others that they're not always at fault." He paused. "Just wondering, are you ever under pressure?"

"The answer to your question is I'm not sure." Grace shrugged. "I'm not someone to easily freak out."

"I've noticed." He nodded his head.

The two started walking again, amidst the busy dark streets of Adenview. They were in syncs and were getting along just well. That's the great thing about about someone. Their talent and the fact that they love talking.