|44|

There was a long pause, the pause that created Jack to thing over and over again.

"H-. You're her grandfather?" Jack asked extremely surprised.

"How?" He asked.

"I'm Grace's grand-father. Her father's father."

"So, who is Natalie to you?"

"Natalie is my mother. Grace's great-grandma." Grace looked down before looking up at Damien.

"You're one of the ruthless gang leaders in Adenview, what caused you to have a change of heart?" Jack asked.

"Well Jack, let's say that I read some of the notes that my mom gave to me when I was a child. She was always there for me, she was always telling me about her adventures. So when I was stumbling across another box, on top it said, 'To Grace'. Baring in mind this was written fifty years ago." Grace looked confused.

"I saw a note on top and this is what it read." Damien handed the piece of paper to Grace, as she took it slowly.

'To Grace,

I know I may have not met you yet, but even though this is just a thought. I've always wanted my daughter to be named Grace, but I had named her Elise instead, so I thought how about my great grand-daughter that too being Damien's grand daughter. The sound of Grace being so elegant and wonderful just brings a smile to my face. I am your Great-grand mother, Grace Science, I am Natalie Science. I have this box enclosed to all of my handiwork that I had done when I was seventeen years old. It awaits surprises and adventures and I would love to share them with you.

This is my gift to you, Grace. I will always love you, sweetheart.

Love, G. Grand-mother Natalie.'

A steak of gloss had fallen down from Grace's eye, as she finished reading this. She looked to the side after reading the beautifully written calligraphic writing as Damien had looked down as well, Grace handed the note to Jack who read it. The expression in his eyes clearly showed adoration and love. He smiled as he handed the letter back to Grace.

Damien looked at his grand daughter as she looked to the side wiping away the stray tear that had escaped from her brown locked ones.

"Who na-named me Grace?" Grace turned her eyes slowly to her grand dad.

"I, I did."

"Well, your father knew about it. He wanted to name you Grace as well. The sound of your name always had given the life of the party as you say." Grace couldn't smile even if she wanted too.

Hearing about her grandmother gave her tears, even if they were tears that wanted to flood, but she tried to remain intact, even though it wasn't working,

"Your great-Grand-mother truly does love you, Grace."

"Do you- you know where she is?" Grace asked as she wiped another lose tear.

"No, sadly. I don't know." He looked very upset, this was one of the times seeing Damien actually show another emotion besides brutal and ruthless.

"I'm sorry, Grace," Grace looked at her grand dad. "For being a massive jerk, for not being there for you always." Grace didn't know what to say or what to do. She never enjoyed holding grudges against anyone, especially family.

"I forgive you."

"You-you do?"

"I don't hold grudges. Especially on family." She regained her calm and usual self again.

"You are really like your great grand mother. Caring and forgiving." He breathed out in relief.

"How, was she like?"

"I have things for you." Damien snapped his fingers as three of his men came out of the blue with three boxes in their hands.

"These are my mother's gifts to you." He took a box from one of the men and individually gave it to his grand daughter. Giving all of the boxes, Jack offered to carry them for her.

"Here Jack, you carry this one." Damien gave to him.

The boxes were all beautifully decorated with a vintage touch, all having a very beautiful and intricate style, they were locked and all of the boxes had cards on top with calligraphic written addressing to Grace herself.

Damien pulled out a pair of keys from his pocket as he made his way to his grand-daughter.

"These are the keys that open up to the boxes."

Grace looked at Damien's hands as she studied the keys for a few seconds before flittering her eyes back to the side. She took the keys without a bother as Damien turned his head to Jack.

"This is just the beginning of your gifts from her."

Grace was about to walk away when she noticed something moving from from the corner of her eye. Damien called for her attention.

"Oh Grace." Grace turned around slowly, as Damien looked at her.

"Good luck." She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion.

Jack and Grace both started walking away, whilst they were walking, Jack turned to Grace.

"What's wrong?"

Grace didn't utter a word as she continued walking with Jack. They both had passed several streets until they landed in front of Jack's house.

"Come in."

Jack opened the door as he closed the door after Grace, Jack ran up the steps as he and Grace had entered his room.

"Okay, will you tell me what's going on now?"

"It wasn't safe to talk outside." Grace closed the drapes as Jack looked lost. Grace spoke after a small silence.

"I don't trust Damien."