|9|

Grace concealed the content feeling as she masked her emotions by keeping a neutral face. She listened to the sound of snooker balls being hit into pockets and jammed against each corner. As well as listening to the stammering man,

He turned both ways and behind him to make sure everything was clear and nobody was at ear level.

"There's this new guy on the block. Nobody knows which gang he's from, but he's attacking people like the four you suggested. I swear, nobody has ever caught sight of this dude. He's like a vulture, creeping upon people, but you never spot him because he's amidst the darkness." Grace took in that last line.

All of these attacks happened during the night, this guy could truly be apart of a dark group. As much weird as that sounds, it sounds quite correct to Grace.

"So you've never seen this dude, before?" Grace asked.

"No. Never spotted him before." The man shook his head.

Grace nodded her head as she got up. The aggravated sounds of people frustrated that the eight-ball wouldn't go in. She picked up a stick and spun it around once as people were now staring at her. Being in the stance with her back arched as the stick laid on the space near the index finger and thumb. Grace pushed it back and forth, closing her right eye and relayed the stick to which it came in contact with the white ball as the black ball shot off to the corner pocket. Grace's stance was still until the ball was pocketed.

Getting up, she handed the stick back and found applauds her way as they were all impressed. Many were talking about how she may have done this and how she did it effortlessly.

Leaving the area she was in, Grace had stepped outside of the hangout. She was heading back to the station when her phone rang all of a sudden. Pulling it out her pocket, as she scrunched her brows, she stared at the caller ID.

Unlocking to answer the phone, Grace placed the black phone to her ear to hear the defeaning sound of Evangeline. Pulling the phone slightly away from her ear, Evangeline adjusted her voice.

"Sorry, Grace. I just was super excited about this that I couldn't contain my happiness in any longer." Evangeline, squealed.

"How's it going at work?" She asked as she casually swivelled in the black leather chair with her phone placed on her ears. Her hands frantically in the air, as Grace was walking.

"Not bad. I got a sweet office." Grace nodded.

"Awesome. Does it have leather couches and mood lights?" Evangeline's build up of happiness reoccurred.

"Yes."

"Then you just described my personal hangout." She leaned forwards.

As Grace neared the police station, she glanced up to see people wearily standing and talking to a few officers. Grace's eyes focussed on the conversation with Evangeline and the roads, as she started to ramble.

"Listen, I scored two concert tickets to see Underwood." Grace's brows shot up.

"Woah." She said calmly.

"I know. They are playing this Saturday and we have to go." Evangeline spoke.

"That means we have to go shopping, I have to wear good clothes to see my favourite band. We need to get merchandise." Evangeline already loaded up her laptop and started searching for Underwood merchandise.

Underwood were a group consisting of five members, two of which were girls and the other three were boys. They were one of the most famous bands in the city of Adenview. Plus, they were popular for their friendly and kind gestures of which obviously would make the crowd go wild.

They're not just a band, but they're siblings. The lead singer, Aubrey, who is talented and has a passion for singing her heart out.

Dylan, the cute and good looking one. His brownish eyes and good bouncy straight hair never fails to make anyone go crazy.

Christina, the pianist, the one who has the funky groove and melody that takes to strike up a crowd within minutes. Her adoring hair and wonderful notes make the crowd go wild.

Bradley, the one with the rocking fingertips, he plays the guitar so well, that you can feel the vibrations going right through you.

Justin, the youngest. He may be the youngest but he surely knows how to let loose, whenever he's performing or playing, he's always there for his family whenever they need him.

Grace loved that band and surely most of the population of Adenview did too. They were indescribably famous and just magical.

"So, I see that you are thinking about them, right?" Evangeline hoped.

"I would love to go with you." Evangeline 'yes'd' at the sound of that. "But, don't take five hours in the bathroom."

"Deal." Evangeline laughed.

"I'll talk to you later." She ended the phone call with Evangeline and made her way straight into the police station. Passing by the different officers, receptionists as she headed straight into her office.

Locating herself onto the chair, Grace pushed herself back onto the chair. Feeling tired, already.

Yawning, Grace covered her mouth. She blinked a couple of times and stared at the clock.

3:09pm.

Going on to the computer, Grace started searching up the hangout, thinking back to what Bob had told her.

'He's like a vulture, creeping upon people, but you never spot him because he's amidst the darkness'

This sentence kept flooding her thoughts. What did that mean, specifically?

Is a vulture, he's very cunning. But creeping upon people? What did that mean?

It had fifty meanings to it and still, it was a mystery, something needed extra detail. Something that Grace would have to search for.

But what was it, exactly?