|18|

After Griffin and Grace talked for a little while, they both headed back towards their selected lessons. Griffin in a Maths lesson whereas Grace was in a RE lesson.

Writing up notes the entire lesson, Grace recalled to what had happened and how Bucky had began to call her, 'Gracie'. She pushed the thoughts far away from her mind as possible. Exhaling through her nose, Grace concentrated on the lesson and quickly finished off her notes, knowing the answers like the back of her hand.

"Class is dismissed." Grace grabbed her pen and book as she stuffed her notes inside.

Exiting the classroom, Grace ambled towards her locker placing her books inside, closing it to see Jake standing there. Grace swallowed as the surprise was swiped away from her face within an instant.

"Hey, Grace." He breathed out.

"Hi Jake." She responded.

Currently sitting outside on a brick platform, the two childhood best friends had a small distance between them.

"How have you been?" They both asked at the same time.

"Good." Simultaneously the duo responded.

"For whatever Bucky said inside, I know it must've upset you." Grace kept her eyes ahead as Jake spoke.

"He had no right to say that to you." Jake ended.

Grace turned her head to Jake as he faced her.

"You know Grace. You still look like the same sporty girl, that I first met." Jake amusedly stroke up a conversation.

"You're still the same grey eyed, playful boy, that I've seemed to have known." Grace responded as the pair laughed releasing all previous tensions off of one another.

"Do you remember the time when, Mr Harold-"

"-Harold jumped onto his chair because there was a beetle on the ground."

Jake and Grace laughed as they reminisced a very hearty moment that would always be remembered in the sixth grade. The very moment Mr Harold had been teaching a very boring History lesson, when Jake released a beetle in the classroom, earning a very boring teacher to become a very alert one.

"And that time when Miss Wintress had the bucket of purple and blue paint fall on her." Grace nodded her head as Jake laughed a very calm yet hearty laugh.

"Sixth grade was banter back then." Jake admitted.

"It sure was."

"I'm starving, where can you get some good food?" Jake inquired referring to school grounds, as Grace nodded her head.

The two best friends, made their way to the outside shake where they were serving burritos and tacos. Grace ordered a burrito and Jake ordered a taco. Grabbing their drink and food, the two sat on a vacant bench.

Taking a bite out of her burrito, Grace saw Jake taking a bite of his taco as there were a few crumbs near his mouth.

"You've got a little." Grace gestured to Jake's mouth as he furrowed his brows in confusion.