|36|

"Well, what are you saying?" Grace slowly spoke up.

"I'm saying Grace, that Lila may annoy you, but you're not going to play with her. You've got business to do. You know that, we know that. We're just telling you, don't let Valerie push you down, even if you keep climbing to the top. Don't let Valerie tell you, you can't do it." The third Grace spoke.

"As we say in the cheerleading world, 'okay'." Grace nodded her head at the cheerleading version of her.

"You may have received a hundred lectures from everyone, but Grace, remember. You are, Grace Science. You're strong and dangerous. But you're not stupid. You're going to crack this case and nobody is going to stop you from doing that. Not even The Attacker, himself." The first Grace spoke.

"How are you going to do that?" The third one already figured with a knowing smirk.

"By turning the tables."

"I'm worried about Grace, right now. I mean she isn't at school, I hope she's okay."

"She's probably being her useless self again." Someone spoke up.

"Probably going back to her truancy ways." The class went silent as the girl kept rambling on.

"I mean Grace has never EVER." People slowly stared shaking their heads. "EVER been able to keep a good attendance. Baring in mind, she's probably lingering in the streets, probably doing nothing." People we're giving her an indication not to say anything, which made her curious,

"Why are you all telling me to keep my mouth shut. It's not like Grace." She turned around to see Grace Science standing behind her with her dark brown eyes and furrowed brows staring at the girl who only trembled. "I-is h-h-here." She gulped down.

"G-Gr-Grace. Hahaa..." the girl looked scared. "Hey... y-you know- I- I was just joking! I'm a blabber mouth." She stood up slowly backing away.

Grace stared at the girl as she turned pink in fright.

Walking slowly towards her as the girl held her breath and stood still as Grace brushed right past her. Taking her seat at the back, the girl breathed out. Taking a seat, the class teacher had arrived.

Grace had entered the school premises, knowing she'd have to come here, with that girl chattering utter nonsense, Grace knew that she was trying to act all big-headed, but the moment when Grace shows her face, it dials down quicker than water being thrown on top of fire.

The class went by fast and the girl who had tried to insult Grace at first, had known that she'd be in trouble. So as soon as the bell rang, she zoomed out of the class faster than you could say,

'Hey, wait!'

"Way to not make yourself stand out." One of the girls spoke sarcastically at the girl who had rushed out.

Grace walked out slowly from the classroom as she'd made her way to her locker. Before opening the locker, the sound of a voice was heard.

"GRACE!" Grace already knew who it was as she didn't have to turn around.

"Where were you, today?! This is unbelievable! I thought you were hurt! You're not hurt — are you?" Evangeline emerged with questions as Grace shook her head.

"Oh, thank goodness, for that!" She breathed out in relief.

"By the way, where were you? I didn't see you in school."

"I wasn't feeling too good." Grace admitted as Evangeline looked quite confused but removed that emotion as her head nodded.

"Well are you feeling any better?"

"Yeah." Grace nodded her head slowly.

"Wendy was asking about you." Evangeline shrugged her backpack onto her shoulder.

Grace turned her eyes towards her friend as Evangeline nodded her head.

"Mm, yeah. She was saying something about soccer practice. She wanted you to go to her after school." Grace couldn't go after school she had to pay attention to the case and The Attacker.

"After school?" Grace licked her lips.

"Yeah." Evangeline nodded her head.

"I can't do after school." Evangeline looked convinced over something and nodded her head.

"I have a lot of work to do." Grace smoothly answered.

"Well, I guess you should tell Wendy that." Evangeline nodded her head.   

"Tell Wendy what?" A voice was heard as Grace's eyes looked upwards to see Wendy standing as she awaited for an answer.

"Hey Grace, good to see you at school. Are you feeling any better?" Grace slowly nodded her head.

"I figured you were sick, since you weren't here in the morning." Wendy made her point.

"I'll catch up with you later, Grace." Evangeline waved off as she dispersed towards her locker to see some friends lingering around.

"So Grace-."

"Wendy! Over here." A girl from the soccer team called Wendy over.

"Sorry, I'll talk to you later." Grace nodded her head as she walked away.

Walking outside, Grace was taking slow yet small strides as she was thinking about what her life would be like now. Since the fact that she has soccer practice because she made the team. This was an accomplishment for her. This actually crossed borders for her, meaning there is a sense that Grace's prayers are being answered, her passion is coming back to her, but very gradually.

Even though Grace may seem off of it, in the inside, Grace felt as if memories were flooding back to her, which only increased the chances of her soccer days to become a huge deal all over again.

Her train of thoughts was interrupted when she saw a small crowd forming around someone. Grace's feet involuntarily made their way towards the huddle to see two people that she'd never expect to see together.

Tania and... Summer.