|32|

Jake and Grace stared at each other for how long, the moments passed as no one said a word. Whatever Jake just said, implied to Grace nonetheless and she knew it.

Soccer was her passion. Dancing, driving, rapping — they're all her passion. But she stopped. Why? For some little reason? Thinking and reflecting back to our choices makes us think why we didn't do this or that. Or why we hadn't gone back for something.

It's because we were supposed to keep moving forward. In the wise words of Cornelius Robinson, 'keep moving forward'.

Grace thought back to the time of when she'd play soccer with her dad, her brothers all the time. When she'd win dancing competitions and her rapping skills that went flying off the chart back in school competitions. The time when she first passed her driving test and ran home for the victory and the love she received from her parents. From there on everything went downhill for her.

She stopped doing whatever she loved and was pulled out from her passions. She was a lot more quieter, a lot more 'dangerous' as people would call it. She had never realised the impacts she had on everyone. At home, she had changed, at school she had changed.

Her grades were high but they'd sunk to middle grades. Why? Grace never knew. She worked hard even if people didn't see it. Gradually, time by time, Grace's grades rose really high. Truth to be told, she was very happy that she was on track. She revised — she worked hard and hard over and over again. Just to get the grades that she truly deserved.

"It takes time." Jake swallowed. "But when you do it, you seem to forget everything but your passion. Your passions are what they are. You can't change that, Grace and you know it." Jake pointed out.

"Do you remember that time in kindergarten when we were playing in the sand?" Grace had her neutral look on and slowly nodded her head with a small smile.

"I was in the sand pit and you were in front of me. You were playing in the sand but what caught my eye was the fact that you were playing with a car." Grace remembered those moments finely.

"Even though I was opposite you and playing with the other cars. The moment our cars revved at each other. It was like meeting my race partner." Jake smiled.

"My point being is that even though you're a rare breed. You still caught my eye, that too being yourself." Jake stared at Grace.

"Your passion is you. Racing, Dancing, Rapping — heck maybe even riding a motorcycle! It's still you." Jake continued with a grin on his face.

"So don't let anyone take that away from you." Jake ended as Grace kept silent.

"Let's say my motorcycle rights were taken away from me." Jake face-palmed himself.

"How long?"

"Two weeks."

"Wow. You really had to prove my point wrong, eh?" Jake thought arching a brow.

"Then why don't you try out?" Grace asked looking up at Jake.

Jake was taken aback by Grace's statement, he had no idea what she meant but this sudden outburst got him thinking, what she really meant. Try out for what? Soccer?

"Try out for the football team."