|16|

Grace had entered Science to see the one-hit-wonder faces of her fellow classmates. They all averted their eyes towards her as she entered the class.

"Sorry, I'm late."

Mrs Rollins was slightly surprised, but dismissed it. Looks like the rest of the class were too. Grace didn't usual talk during her lessons, or when she came late sometimes.

"Take a seat, Miss Science." Grace made her way to her usual seat, as eyes followed her every move.

Griffin had spotted the familiar brunette as she took her seat and paid attention to the lesson.

"Right, so everyone. Today we will be discussing about the importance of the heart. Can anyone tell me what's the name of the smallest blood vessel in the body." Grace's hand lifted up slowly.

"Ah, Grace."

"Capillaries."

"Well done, can you tell me what the role of the capillaries are?"

"Capillaries are the smallest blood vessels in the human body, they connect the arteries and veins together. Capillaries carry blood away from the body, they bring blood back to the heart."

"Very good answer, Miss Science." Mrs Rollins admitted proud of Grace.

"Who can tell me what the role of the vena cava is?"

Mrs Rollins searched the class as her eyes landed upon Griffin.

"Ah Mr Waters."

"I didn't put my hand up." Griffin spoke slowly, as the attention flew onto him.

"I know. I also know that you know the answer."

Griffin breathed out slowly, before answering.

"There are two roles. The superior and the inferior. The superior role of the vena cava is the large vein that returns the blood back to heart. Mainly back from the head, neck and both upper limbs. The inferior is a large vein that carries de-oxygenated blood from the lower part of the body and returns blood to the heart."

"Interesting. What is de-oxygenated blood, Mr Waters?"

"De-oxygenated blood means that most of the oxygen has been removed by tissues, therefore the blood turns darker. This blood comes from the legs and from the lower torso of the body."

"Fantastic answer."

"A round of applause for both Miss Science and Mr Waters." Everyone applauded at the two newfound science geniuses as they were all pretty surprised. Not always looks should matter.

Griffin looked ahead of him after slowly breathing out. Grace, on the other hand looked at the board, dismissing any eye contact. She truly did enjoy Science, it was one of her favourite subjects.

Mrs Rollins definitely knew that.

The bell had rang thirty minutes later, signalling the lesson was over.

"Well done, to the both of you." Mrs Rollins spoke as she nodded her head at Griffin and Grace.

"I always knew you two had it inside of you." Grace and Griffin both glanced at another.

Leaving the classroom, Griffin and Grace made their way towards different paths. As Grace exited the room, she spotted a familiar face, Summer.

Grace made her way towards her locker as she could feel someone behind her.

Opening up her locker after placing in her locker combination, Grace placed her Science and English book as she heard Summer speak.

"Grace, I-." Summer stopped herself as Grace gave a glance at her sister, as Summer tried to think of the right words. Grace turned her eyes back to her locker as she closed her locker door.

Grace was about to take a step when someone caught her wrist.

"Grace. Listen." Grace stared at her locker wrist as Summer let go.

Standing still, Summer started talking.

"I'm sorry, Grace, I didn't mean to say anything like that to you." Staring at her little sister as Summer looked a little uncomfortable.

"I don't know what got out of me when I blurted something like that." Summer breathed out.

Grace stared at Summer for a lingering second as her brows slightly furrowed before walking off.

"Grace." Summer called walking up behind her older sister.

"Please! Listen to what I have to say."

"Summer." Summer stopped at the sight of her name.

She swallowed at the sound of her name.

Grace never took anybody's name unless if it was very serious. Or the fact that she doesn't really start a conversation.

"Yes." Summer stumbled over her a word a little.

"Whatever you said, I don't really care." Summer breathed out.

"But I didn't mean-."

"Hey, Summer..." Someone called as Summer stared at the person.

"Oh, hi Grace." Grace raised her eyebrows before lowering them down in greet.

"Grace-." Grace walked off her cheeks puffed as she breathed out shaking her head.

Turning the corner, she felt herself being slammed against the wall, her mouth covered as someone stood in front of her. Her eyes were covered with a blindfold, as no words could escape from her mouth.

"Don't say anything." Grace didn't know where she was being taken but she wasn't going to use her fighting skills anytime soon.

Grace heard a door slam as she was placed into a chair. She felt the blind fold off of her. Her sight being distant to recalling this place.

A closet with security camera TVs plastered as there was a faint light coming from the top. Roughly three people were inside the room. There were two people behind her and someone in front of her.

"Keep her here." Someone mentioned. Her wrists were wrapped together with rope as the person in front of her slightly looked down at her.

She recognised him from somewhere, but couldn't exactly put a finger on it.

Grace stared at the place around her and within seconds someone came inside.

She clenched her fists as the sound echoed throughout the entire boxed room.

"Nice to see you again, Grace."