|12|

Grace felt really curious on the inside but kept calm on the outside. She remained the good willpower inside of her body and maintained it from doing anything.

"Ah, Paul, meet Grace." Paul, or also known as figure three entered the house with a small smile.

"Nice to meet you." A slight British tone was heard through Paul's voice.

"You too." Grace responded with a curt nod.

"I'm gonna go check up on the food. Paul make yourself at home." Officer Andrews made his way back into the kitchen as Paul and Grace had attended the awkward silence.

"So you're Grace. The girl who was there tonight." Paul swallowed.

Grace placed down the last fork as she heard Paul exhale.

"Look, I'm not one up for games but what did Jack tell you?" He asked.

"What has that got to do with this?" She asked generally.

"I know you're probably gonna hate on me but I think you should hear me out." Paul continued talking.

"It was all an act."

"Figured, when Jack said it." Grace clearly noted.

"But I have a question? Why?" She asked as her eyes slightly narrowed with the brows creasing.

Paul licked his lips and breathed out,

"Well, that's a very long story. But there was a motive behind that." He continued.

Before Paul could continue Andrews resurfaced and smiled at the two of them conversing.

"Ah it's good to see you both talking, dinner will be ready in a few."

"Would you like some help?" The pair asked as Andrews was again surprised.

"No it's okay, you two keep talking I'll be back in a jiffy." Andrews left again back into the kitchen.

"I've heard quite a bit about you, Grace." Paul began as he placed down the glasses on the now set table.

Grace stood up straight; her 5,8 frame matching Paul's.

"But that doesn't matter right now. What matters now is that my brother doesn't need to know what happened before." Paul spoke confidently and a little at unease.

Staring at Paul as he was staring at Grace challenging her to go forth.

"Don't count on it too much, Paul." Grace ended as Paul breathed out in relief. He knew what she mean't, even if it was switched up.

"Dinners ready." Andrews called as he bought out the steak, Grace and Paul were helping him bring in more items.

Placing them down on the table and grabbing the plates as the food looked ravishing and absolutely delicious.

"This looks really lovely." Grace complimented with a small smile.

"Thanks, Grace."

"Dig in, everybody." Andrews chuckled as they did so.

As Grace placed a piece of steak on her plate and some mashed potatoes. Andrews striked up a conversation.

"Did you get here safe, Paul?" Andrews asked as he took a sip from his water.

Paul placed down a few pieces of asparagus on his plate as Andrews spoke. Paul slowly moved his eyes to Grace who placed the mashed potatoes down.

"Yeah, I got here safe." He breathed out.

"This tastes very nice by the way." Paul admitted kindly as he referred to the food with his fork.

The two of them looked similar in a way. Paul and Andrews had warm tone brown hair and penetrating blue eyes. They both had similar features. However Paul had a mole on his upper lip.

Officer Andrews smiled at his little brother's words. You could tell that Paul was a little worried or curious about something.

"So you've met Grace, I suppose?" Officer Andrews asked.

Grace had swallowed her food as she had lifted her gaze from the food to Officer Andrews.

"Yeah, turns out that we're the same age." He noted as Grace flicked her eyes to Paul who stared at her.

Grace placed another forkful of steak and mashed potatoes in her mouth as the two siblings were talking. Genuinely, Grace wanted to find out that criminal and also what did Paul mean by the motive, part.

After dinner and dessert, Grace was about to head home when Officer Andrews stopped her.

"I must say, Grace. Thank you for coming over." He admitted truthfully as Grace looked quite confused.

"U-No worries. Thank you for having me." Grace polietly spoke as Andrews tried to maintain the surprise but smiled at Grace nonetheless.

"Here, I'll drop you off." Officer Andrews offered.

"It's okay. I'll manage." Grace declined.

"I'll take her." Paul offered as Grace internally face-palmed herself.

"It's fine. I have things to do first." Grace tried to re-word her real sentence.

'I need to go take care of something.'

"No, I insist." Paul tried.

"Well, since the boy is offering kindly, you may as well take it up." Andrews nodded his head.

Grace nodded her head and as the two of them were walking along the cold, breezy streets of Adenview. Paul began to speak,

"Thanks." He started as Grace looked confused.

"For not ratting me out." Grace understood.

"I stick to my words." She spoke.

"I-I was going to tell you that Jack, Bucky and I aren't just a team."

"We're a forced team."

What did that mean? What did Paul mean?

He lowered his voice and looked around before speaking, "In the park that was an act. It was to lure out the real culprit." Grace understood what he capably meant and she wasn't fooled.

Believe it or not, everyone had the same motive.