|38|

The astonished look that her mother had was priceless. The worry that her father had on his face was worrying. The look that Vincent and George had were indescribable.

Valerie, looked frustrated like her usual self and Summer felt sympathy for her sister, the sister that got hurt for her.

"What is going on here? First you miss school and then this?" Grace's mother signalled to Grace's state and the fact that she'd missed out two and half hours not attending school.

The swollen eye had given some colour — despite the already flushed cheeks and rosy lips that accentuated upon her face. The swollen eye gave off a bitter shade of purple, which Grace couldn't find easy to see from her dominant eye. Her right eye.

Her hair was still neat but had a few loose strands, lingering across her face. Moving towards Grace's hands: her knuckles were tinted with blood stains and her palms were figured with grazes on them. Her clothes had a few dust specks upon them — from Grace's impact on to the hard ground.

"What happened to you, Grace — why is your eye swollen?" Her mother asked her with her dark brows never failing to furrow.

"Why are you injured, Grace?" Her father asked her.

"Isn't it simple?" Valerie started off as Grace's eyes moved slightly towards her older sister; squinting at the very least of her throbbing eye.

"I asked Grace." Her father sternly spoke as he turned his eyes on to Grace.

"My eye is swollen." Grace simply put forth.

"I can see that. But why?" Grace wasn't exactly in the best state and she surely didn't want to answer this question. It'll only result in more trouble.

Grace's eyes never fell upon Summer, she didn't need anything out of her younger sister, even to get her out of trouble.

"Someone said something to me." Grace admitted as she tried her hardest to look at her parents without her twitching eye.

"Grace, I thought we already established something that day at the police station. The day when you rode a stolen motorcycle, you wouldn't do anything bad anymore."

"Bad?" Grace asked astonishingly. "I don't do bad things, mom." Grace's mother had a jolt of surprise at the sound her daughter calling her mom; before shaking her head and going into full mother mode again.

"Oh really, can Officer Andrews back you up on that?" Her mother inquired.

"Do you think I do bad things because I'm fond of them?" Grace responded to her mother with a question.

"I have never EVER enjoyed doing anything bad. Whenever you're with me at the police station, it's always for the wrong reasons. Reasons that are always piled on me." Grace's mother stared at her daughter.

"I know you've always wanted me to become a better person, but the way that I'm treated in this household leaves a great impression; the impression of being isolated." Valerie's eyes lifted up slightly hearing this from Grace.

"Hold on. What do you mean isolated? You are treated with respect." Valerie shaded away from the feeling of disappointment before to mere astonishment.

"Do you really think that you're a princess?" Valerie asked her younger sister.

"You're asking about respect, Grace. Have you ever thought about how others around you feel?" Valerie folded her arms.