|28|

Grace pieced something together after a few contemplations, she stared at the files and the note.

"Hey Jack, I think I've got something." Jack looked up from the laptop and made his way towards the back of Grace's seat as they were both staring down at the two pieces of evidence.

"What did you find?" He asked.

"Look at this."

Grace gestured to the note, with little calligraphic lettering at the bottom, which could've been made out as a smudge, but had a date. A very well famous date.

21/07/16

The day of the first attack. Even though they were all attacked at the same time, this could be such a small amount of information, it definitely held some importance to it, how?

"I don't understand." Jack looked lost.

"Over here, it's sloppily written, the date, 21st of July 2016 the first attack."

"What does that mean?"

"It could mean that there are three more letters out there."

"By the way, how did you receive this letter?"

"The library." Jack responded. "I was actually searching for a science textbook and then when I was going to reach for it, another book fell." Jack paused.

"The book was this dusty blue."

"Do you have it with you?"

"Uh, lemme see." Jack went back to the leather couches and picked up his bag as he searched for the dusty blue book inside.

"Ah, gotcha!" He pulled it out and indeed was it dusty looking.

Making his way towards Grace, he placed it down as she stared at it.

"It fell from this book, I wonder why it was in there in the first place." Jack looked curious.

"Read the letter." Grace spoke as Jack lifted the letter up,

"For the ones that always say, this is too much to pay, you believe that when you are in dismay."

"Well, that didn't really help. It's always in riddles." Jack breathed out.

"This just got a lot harder, then it should've done." Jack continued before shaking his head.

"What does it mean?"

"That's what I want to figure out as well." Grace answered as she was in thought.

"This blue book. Why this book all of a sudden?" Jack stared at the dusty blue book.

Does this blue book have any significance?

Grace thought to herself. She stared at the book and opened it up. It held the enchanted beauty of an old 1800's looking book. With the light cream shade for the pages and the small eleven font sized lettering.

Holding the words,

'To Grace'

Grace was baffled by this and closed the book slowly, Jack seemed to have noticed this and stared at her curiously.

"What's wrong, Grace?" Jack asked her.

"Uh, I dunno." She was at lost for a few seconds, this was something that doesn't usually happen to her, but why? Was it because this book was addressed to someone with the same name as her. Or the fact that this is one of the books that said her name on it.

Jack picked up the book and indeed saw it was addressed to someone named, Grace.

Jack took his eyes off of the book and looked curiously as his eyes averted to the side. His head still, he looked up at Grace.

"Who is this 'Grace'?"

"I'm not sure, but whoever she is, this book is dedicated to her."

"I wonder who?"