|11|

Grace glanced at the girl as Summer was staring at figure one or, Jack. It was true Jack was a nerd at the school Grace went too. He was always hidden behind his glasses, blue eyes and books.

Today, it was something else, instead of his glasses or his blue eyes he had grey eyes. His eyebrows were bold and dark.

Summer was Grace's younger sister. Grace's other sister, Valerie and her brother Vincent were fraternal twins, as well as George, who was Grace's twin brother. Summer and Grace weren't. In fact they had nothing in common with one another.

Despite the fact being Grace's younger sibling, Summer had many perks, people wouldn't dare mess with her, they wouldn't try to hurt her, being scared of the many possibilities of what would happen if they did.

"I don't understand, if you are a nerd, what are you doing here?" Summer asked staring at Jack.

"Those two imbeciles you scared off are blackmailers, they do what they do. Even without my consent." Jack paused. "I had nothing to do with this. The plan was to lure out somebody else." Grace was thinking back to the case that was going on now.

"So your pack decided to try and hurt a little girl?" Grace questioned as Jack was taken aback slightly.

"Do you think I would've let them hurt a little child?" He asked rhetorically with a calm tone.

"Of course not. Indira's parents are over there." Jack gestured as Indira ran towards her mother.

"So this was all a set-up?" Summer asked furrowing her brows.

Jack only nodded in response as Indira was cureently safe with her mom and were heading out of the park, which Grace had stumbled upon.

"If you would've realised, your plan failed." Summer spoke.

"Seriously though, are they your pack?"Summer asked.

"Yeah," Jack sighed. "I only bought those two out here because they seemed fit for the job. Otherwise I would've brought out two other people." Grace turned to Jack.

"I would never hurt a child. Especially a little girl." Jack admitted sincerely.

"But since this had to backfire, now I won't ever find that vulture." Vulture.

"Vulture?" Grace questioned.

"Yeah, that attacker." Grace scrunched her brows.

"He's not been at it for two days, sensing that he's got something planned." Jack lowly spoke to Grace.

"Well whoever it may be, he's making everyone look like a complete fool. I don't want to know." Summer breathed out.

"Yeah, you're gonna go home." Grace spoke as Summer stared at Grace.

"Don't you have homework to do or something?" Grace shrugged towards Summer.

"I have my science work to do, but I need your help."

"Such a coincidence. Science is the tough subject for me, despite it being my surname." Summer sadly stated with a small smile.

"But, let's leave that." Summer shook it off.

"I suggest you go." Grace spoke as Jack looked confused but abided.

Grace started walking as Summer was falling behind.

"Grace, wait up!" Her younger sister called, as Grace continued at her pace until they reached the house.

"Where did you go?" Grace's mother asked Summer as she entered the house.

"I went to search for Grace." Grace's mother stared at Grace who saw the two sisters after a long time together, even if it were to be for a few short seconds.

Grace left to go upstairs but not before speaking,

"Andrews invited me for a 'reconciliation'."

Going up the steps, Grace moved towards her cupboard as she pulled out a decent outfit. Changing into a pair of burgundy pair of jeans, a black and white baseball t-shirt and added her green jacket on top. She fixed her hoodie and added a pair of converses on.

Brushing through her brown hair, Grace sprayed on a bit of perfume and went downstairs after placing her phone in to her jeans pocket.

As soon as she hit the last step of the stairs, Grace heard her phone go off. It was a message from Andrews.

163 Mellow Avenue

Grace stared at the address and knew where she was heading, she had been to that area previously. Familiarising herself with the route towards and heading towards Andrews house, Grace stuffed her hands inside her pockets and made her way towards Kole Valley, the area's name of where, Officer Andrews lived.

Nearing the house, Grace sighed before raising her hand to click on the doorbell. Awaiting for less than a minute the door opened to reveal, Officer Andrews with a broad smile in casual wear.

"Hey, Grace. Great that you could make it. Come on in." Andrews warmly stated as Grace did so.

"So my brother will be coming in a bit, why don't you just relax for a bit?" Andrews nervously stated.

"Do you need any help?" Grace offered as Andrews was taken aback slightly.

"Uh, uh. Could you set out the table?" He asked as Grace nodded turning towards the dining room. She stared at the table and fixed the cloth. Moving towards the kitchen, she grabbed the cutleries and was placing the second fork down when she heard the doorbell.

"Could you get that Grace?" Grace placed the cutlery down and made her way towards the door.

Opening the door up, she spotted someone that looked familiar.

Familiar to someone she knew.