|14|

"What do you mean you're gone?" Grace asked walking.

"I may have done something?" Summer spoke sheepishly as Grace closed her eyes.

"What did you do?" She asked calmly.

Summer and Grace were now outside to see Jack getting bullied. As much as she would've not said anything, Grace knew the trouble that Jack went through on a daily basis. Also, figuring that he does have a different side — he wasn't going to show it that quickly.

"Hey little, chump. Did you think it was easy going away from us?" One boy circled around Jack.

"Did you think we would let you go?" Somebody else continued smirking.

"Are you that dumb?" Another person ended.

Jack kept quiet like usual and never said anything to provoke them.

"Not gonna talk are ya?" They pushed him forcefully onto the ground. There were a few gasps heard from the small crowd of students that had formed.

"Looks like we're gonna have to show this guy a lesson." Someone named, Ian spoke with an evil tone.

Raising his hand in a punch formation, Ian was ready to throw when a hand caught his wrist. People were now surprised, at this sudden hold and realised who it was.

"Griffin Waters."

People were now eerily quiet and gulped down the horror seeping inside of them. Truth to be told, Griffin was known as someone 'frightening' and 'calm'.

Summer was beside Grace as they were both on-lookers at the sight in front of them. Griffin lowered Ian's hand down and spoke with his brows furrowed.

"Do you really think it'd be wise to throw a punch at someone who does your homework for you all the time?" There were gasps echoing from the crowd, even Jack was surprised.

"What? You possibly didn't think I'd know that?" Griffin arched a dark brow.

"Next time pick on someone your own size." Griffin spoke as Ian and the rest of his group scrambled away, the rest of the crowd dispersed quietly not wanting to divert any attention towards them.

Grace stood her guard as Summer was ready to go up to Jack, a hand pulled her back.

"I suggest you stay back here."

"Why, Grace?" She paused. "It's partially my fault this had to happen."

Griffin extended his hand out to Jack as Jack stood up.

"Are you alright?" Griffin asked.

"Y-yeah, thanks." He nodded his head.

"That's exactly my point, if you don't know what you're dealing with, why do you try?" Grace calmly asked as Griffin and Jack were staring at the two sisters.

"It's my fault he got hurt. The least I can do is be kind. Look Grace, I don't know what stupid things you do when you're never home, but I do know that as much as I don't see you." She paused, taking a deep breath. "I'm never wanting to be a disgrace, especially to our family." Summer had quietly stated as Grace stared at her little sister.

Grace ignored her comment and walked towards, Jack.

"Are you alright?" He nodded his head looking away.

Grace and Griffin's eyes locked as they both furrowed their brows at another.

"Nice to see you, Waters."

"The same to you, Science."

They both greeted each other smoothly as Grace walked towards the school doors again, entering inside, she could hear the melodramatic students talking about today's events.