|29|

For the rest of the evening, both Jack and Grace continued working, seeing that The Attacker wasn't going to show, also there wasn't any luck with holding up any CCTV footage since Jack needed another cable to plug into his laptop to keep the live footage running.

"I couldn't get hold of the other camera, I'd have to rewind it or something, but with the amount of data — it wouldn't fit onto my laptop. I'll bring some more equipment tomorrow." Jack spoke as he switched off his laptop.

"Well, we've only figured one thing so far. We need some solid evidence. But we need to dig deep." Grace nodded her head.

"Great, well we'll come after school tomorrow. That'll give us enough time to look through the footage from today and yesterday." Jack responded.

"For now, I think we should go." Grace stood up as she saw the blue screen that held the words, 'shutting down'. Grace got off the chair and placed her files into the cabinet, locked away. She grabbed her bag and tucked her chair.

Jack had did the same as they were about to leave, Grace felt a ping from her pockets, she pulled out her phone as Jack collected his things and stared at the blinking screen. Unlocking to answer, she was stopped by a voice.

"Grace! Remember we are going shopping tomorrow after school." Grace knew she couldn't because she needed to come to the station.

"I can't, reschedule?" Grace simply stated.

"What? Why?" Evangeline asked.

"I have a lot of work to do. How about Wednesday? I'm free then."

"Wow, okay. But no rescheduling."

"Alright, see you." Grace ended the call as Jack was ready to go.

"Lets go."

They both exited the office as Grace tugged the handle to see it wouldn't open, locked. Grace's keycard was around her neck, as she took it off and placed it into her bag.

Exiting the busy station, Grace and Jack were met by the darkness of the streets, by the busy streets and the dim lights from the street lamps. Grace exhaled through her nose as Jack and her continued to walk calmly.

"I was thinking that I'll bring my equipment and then we can try to review the data from the surveillance footage."

"Even though it'll take time, I'll try to speed it up." Jack nodded.

Grace nodded in response, she felt the cool breeze fly through her dark hair. It felt really nice the breeze pushing away all the stress or worries and only replacing with the coolness and calmness that she always loved having.

"It feels good, don't you think?"

"What does?" Jack asked gently.

"The breeze," she turned to him "its amazing and utterly breathtaking." Jack looked up as the wind entered his eyes, blinking a couple of times, Jack stared ahead as Grace was indeed right.

The breeze was filled with coolness and had always kept everyone at ease. The midnight breeze was the greatest thing — blocking off any sounds from the busy streets of Adenview. Walking in small strides, the two of them continued walking in peace until they reached Jack's house.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Grace." He waved as he went towards his door, Grace nodded and continued walking to her street. The street lamps were lit dimly amidst the roof of cars, the darkness enveloped it but the street lamps gave it some hope.

Grace reached her street and exhaled before entering. She was met by Summer's face and ignored her completely. Grace moved her way to the kitchen and washed her hands. She made her way to the fridge and opened it up to see lasagne wrapped up. Grabbing the white tray, she pulled it out and placed it onto the island counter. Closing the fridge door, Grace unraveled the cling film and grabbed a plate and fork.

Placing a piece onto her plate, Grace went to the cabinet and pulled out some foil and wrapped it over the white tray. Placing it back into the fridge, Grace placed her plate into the microwave, holding her fork and heating up her food for a minute.

The sound of the microwave and the light shone, Grace was staring out of the kitchen window until she heard the microwave beep, indicating that her lasagne was ready. Opening the microwave door, Grace pulled out her plate and awaited a few seconds for it to cool down.

Going to the sink and grabbing a glass of water, Grace made her way to the kitchen table; where she sat down and ate. Blowing on the hot cheesy piece, Grace placed a forkful into her mouth.

Chewing and swallowing the lasagne as the white sauce came into the flavour. Sighing in content, Grace took another forkful of lasagne and swallowed it after tasting the warm and delicious flavours erupting in her mouth.

Taking a few sips of her water, Grace felt relieved after finishing her dinner. Going to the sink and washing up, Grace headed upstairs, to her room.

Changing, Grace lied down on her bed and just thought about today's events. One thing caught her mind,

'Three more letters are left.'