|10|

Clicking at her black pen as Grace was staring at the computer screen. It was filled with an empty Word document. Glancing at the layout of the document, with the pen a few inches away from her mouth. The clicking not stopping.

As Grace's chair was swerving slightly to the sides, she heard a knock on the door. Her eyes rounded to the door as she lifted her head ever so slightly up.

"Come in." The door opened to reveal an Officer Patrick gazing at Grace's office in wonder. Grace concentrated her eyes on the blank document again.

"Woah...cool office." He breathed out gawping at the TV and the never stopping bookshelves.

"Oh yeah, how's your first day going?" Officer Patrick spoke as he took a seat in front of Grace.

"Usually, it's the other way round." Officer Patrick kid, as he was referring to the seating positions.

"Not bad. How about you?"

"It's not too bad. Overload of coffee and cases being handled by the forensic divison, what more else would there be." He sighed. "But, how's the case going so far?" Officer Patrick asked intrigued as he looked at Grace.

"It's still at the starting point." The officer nodded his head in understanding.

"Don't worry, kiddo, it'll get easier. You just need to pay heed to the words by witnesses. Search for analysis, look for a subtext-." Grace's eyes flittered to Officer Patrick's as he was continuing.

"Subtext." She spoke.

"Yeah, if you can't find any information from the words given look for the deeper meaning." He spoke getting up.

"Anyways, I gotta go." He paused. "This is yours." He placed down a radio receiver or in other words a brand new walkie-talkie on her desk.

"Welcome to the force." He nodded before heading out the room. Grace collected the receiver and placed it to the side as she thought back to the words spoken by the man at the hangout.

If he said it in a riddle way, there's always a hidden meaning behind a riddle.

Grace noted the words spoken by that man and decided to check out the hangout out tomorrow. She saved the document and shut down the computer as she stared at the files one last time, giving it a look-over.

"Whoever this person may be. They sure do have some explaining to do." Shaking her head, Grace memorised the details of the four victims.

They all have nothing in similar, Grace noted, despite the fact that there two males and two females. Other than that, no other clues.

The time on the clock showed, 5:07.

Grace gathered her things and locked up the files as she decided to go home. Not forgetting she had to go to Andrew's dinner party.

Locking her office, Grace made her way outside of the police station as she was walking towards her house. Feeling tired already, Grace yawned into her hand as she turned the corner to see something happen.

She lurched herself back behind the wall as she saw a figure dressed in black, she couldn't clearly make out any facial features but she could see a gloved hand.

There was a child there standing bewildered. This caught Grace's attention. At first she didn't move, as she saw the person not doing anything.

"Little kid, eh?" The figure was staring down at the worried child.

"Shouldn't you be asleep, at home. All...safe?" The child gulped.

"I-I." No words were forming correctly from the little girl's mouth as she was scared.