|19|

The lesson went by quickly, however, Evangeline had to leave fifteen minutes before for a mentors appointment. Grace and Jake had managed to fill out the starters and the worksheets they were presented with.

It was difficult but they managed to answer the questions and finally finish the lesson.

"Great work, everyone. Especially you two." Miss Snow referred to Jake and Grace's phenomenal work at every piece of work they had completed.

"Just like, old days, eh?" Jake smiled at Grace as she nodded her head.

After being dismissed Grace headed to her locker as she entered her locker combination in. Placing in her geography books, Jake had said that he needed to go for something as they bid farewell to one another.

Feeling her phone ping, Grace saw that she had a message from Evangeline.

VANS

'Are you gonna come?'

Grace was confused as she tried to recall back to what Evangeline meant. However, it finally struck her. She closed her locker door and stuffed her phone into her pockets.

Exiting from the school doors to the field, Grace's legs were pushing as she she made it to the field on time to see they had just called her name.

"Grace." Evangeline looked happy and surprised but had a look of knowing.

Evangeline gave the bracelet to Grace as she placed it in her wrist, where it should be.

"Alright, Grace, show us what you got at shooting goals. You get three chance. We usually look for those who could get two out of three goals. This is Mabel. She's our best goalkeeper, nothing can pass by her." Wendy introduced as Mabel stood in her stance.

With Grace's khaki coloured jacket on her, her jumper underneath and her converses. Grace's attire wasn't exactly, 'soccer' but she pulled it off.

Placing the ball down, Grace moved a little back and exhaled through her nose. Taking a run-up Grace shot the ball as Mabel had just missed it by a finger.

A claps were heard from the little audience in the bleachers who were waiting for someone or trying-out themselves had looked quite intrigued.

Wendy looked impressed as well, however allowed Grace to continue.

Wendy had set the ball as Grace did the same as she had did before. A small run-up but with enough power and shot straight into the net.

"Wow."

"Next one in she'd be lucky." Someone spoke to their friend.

"Okay, Grace, it's up to you if you want to do this. But we usually encourage people, to take a bigger runner-up to see whether they can shoot from longer distances." Grace nodded her head as she placed the ball down.

Moving back, as someone took a seat on one of the bleacher seats, it was Jake.

"Oh it's you."

Jake ignored Evangeline as Grace breathed out. The moment was intense as everyone was quiet.

Grace ran as her foot collided with the White and hexagonal ball flying in the distance. It was all slow motion, the ball swivelling in the air as it was coming directly at Mabel, however she had moved to the side nearly capturing the ball as it went inside.

Evangeline breathed out in relief. Jake had a knowing look on his face as Coach Bose (pronounced as Boss) made her way up to where Grace was standing.

"Great work, Grace, I haven't seen someone score three out of three in a goal post, since a very long time." Grace smiled at Coach.

"Anyways, I want to see you on goal."

Making her way to the goal, Grace stood as Coach Bose began to call.

"Alright, girls, kick the balls into the net." Grace didn't look as surprised but on the inside she was taken aback. However, she'd hoped she'd do well.

The whistle was blown meaning that people were now trying to score goals. The first kick, Grace extended her right leg out as it had been stopped. The next was by Grace's left leg. She even header'd a few and slapped them with her bare palms.

"Woah, she's really good." Mabel nodded her head to Wendy.

Grace even booted the ball when it had came towards her.

"She is, isn't she? One of the best players we've seen all day." Wendy agreed alongside.

Finishing the last kick with a side flip as she kicked the ball.

"Whoa! Definite skill."

After try-outs, Grace decided to head home. She was walking home alone, until she received a phone call.

"Okay, I'll be there." She ended the phone call and headed straight down to the police station.

Entering the even more busier station that it was yesterday, Grace made her way to SO Blake's office.

"Take a seat, Grace." Grace did so.

"I heard someone entered your school. Care to explain?"

"I don't know." Grace answered as SO Blake started scrutinising Grace.

"You're lying."

"I know what they did to you. They trapped you in a boxed room. Blindfolded you and trapped you in a boxed room." SO Blake listed off with her fingers.

"Grace, you know you can tell me."

"It's true. I'm not gonna ask you how you know all this."

"Security footage always returns back to us." SO Blake answered with a smile.

"By the way, how was soccer try-outs?"

"Not bad. How do you know?"

"Oh Andrews told me." She nodded her head.

"But whatever happens we'll be by your side, Grace. We will make sure of that." SO Blake solemnly nodded her head as Grace responded with a curt nod.