Prologue

This is a new story I recently came up with.....I'm gonna try to see if I can write something humorous haha but if not then I'll change the category....anyway...I wont be updating this that much its just....kind of random really. But I hope you enjoy it.

Prologue

"Mom where do these go?!" I yelled loudly.

I heard my mom's muffled reply,

"Kitchen!"

I sighed and picked up the heavy box and put it in the kitchen. You see my family and I just moved here.

Cocoa Beach, Florida.

It's the end of summer now and school's starting in three days. I'm extremely nervous. Especially since I won't know anyone there. It's kinda sad really. See, when we first moved here, the neighbors across the street were standing on our front porch, waiting to introduce themselves. Well the adults were anyway. That's when my parents decided they wanted to make friends in this neighborhood. In our last neighborhood, our neighbors weren't our friends. Instead my older sister, Sonya, decided to insult Mrs. Stevenson and then her and Mr. Stevenson got in this huge fight with our parents. Now, we've been living here since July and now it's August, and we already are sworn enemies with our neighbors. Seriously my parents have been telling my older sister, me and my younger brother that we are to have nothing to do with the Stevensons. What makes this even worse is that their kids are around my age. They could have been my friends but nope. My sister and my parents had to start this game with them. Honestly I find it completely ridiculous but that's just my opinion. I mean what could be so bad about them?

Their kids?

I sighed and walked outside to the front yard. Our house was amazing. It was right on the beach. I took a deep breath as I leaned down and picked up another heavy box in the garage. Where the heck is Sonya? I heard something behind me and when I turned around I almost dropped the box.

"You must be Lily Brant right?" The guy in front of me said.

I looked at him carefully and slowly nodded. Suddenly he burst out laughing and I looked at him, completely confused.

"Haha you Brants....crazy."

I looked at him like he'd lost his mind.

"Excuse me?"

He moved closer so there was hardly any space in between us.

"Did I stutter?" He growled.

My eyebrow shot up as I realized who this kid was. Richard Stevenson, the oldest boy that lives across the street.

"Get away from me Rick." I said annoyed.

"Excuse me?" He asked surprised.

I gave him a mocking look.

"Did I stutter?" I repeated his line.

He growled at me angrily and glared at me.

"This isn't over nerd." He said and walked off.

I rolled my eyes. How did he know I was a nerd? Then it hit me.

Sonya.

My teeth clenched and I walked inside, placing the box on the kitchen counter.

"Sonya!!!" I screamed.

She came running in from the back door and I glared at her.

"You're supposed to be helping me." I said, pointing to the box I just brought in.

My sister was standing there in her bathing suit, sunburnt.

"I'm tanning Lily! Do it yourself!" She yelled and stomped off.

"Mom!!" I yelled.

My mom came from upstairs.

"Lily would you stop yelling, your father's on the phone!" My mom said.

"Mom, Sonya won't help me with these boxes." I told her.

She sighed and went out to the backyard to talk to Sonya. I huffed and walked back out to the garage. When I got out there I was ambushed.

"Jaime!! Jaime stop it!" I screamed as my brother squirted me with the hose.

The water stopped and I was about to go off on my little brother when I saw who was standing in front of me.

Dad.

"Lily Rose Brant if you don't quiet down this instant I will send you to your room!" My father yelled.

I looked down.

"Sorry dad." I whispered.

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Lily just...go." He said quietly.

I sighed and walked into the house and up to my room.

Moving sucks.