Chapter 34~ Adult Games

IMPORTANT NOTICE~ hey guys guess what? There's only one more chapter left after this one. I'm actually pretty excited to be ending this story. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this and I'll tell you, I enjoyed writing it. Please enjoy this chapter guys and thank you for being patient in waiting for me to update. I love all of you guys<3

Chapter 34~ Adult Games

Riley's POV~

I sighed and turned the opposite direction, pacing some more. Worry was eating me from the inside out. After Lily passed out, she was rushed to the hospital with Finn not far behind. Which is where we are now.

Sonya and Blaze sat against the wall while Jaime and Alex played video games together. The twins, Austin and Dylan were out looking for Lily's parents and Jean. Chevy was already in custody and Finn was in the hospital room next to Lily's surrounded by cops. I was pacing back and forth in the hallway, waiting for a report on Lily.

When we arrived here the doctor said there was a slim chance she would survive this. If she were to survive this she may not have her right arm or could even be paralyzed since the bullet hit part of her spinal cord.

The doctor's first report told us the damage done by Finn. He actually fractured a few of her ribs, and the bullet went sideways through her shoulder. It entered through the shoulder and exited out her back, nicking her spinal cord.

I spun around when I heard the door behind me open.

Lily's door.

A woman in a white coat walked out of the room and towards Sonya. The hallway seemed to go silent. I couldn't hear the doctor and was too frozen to move closer so I could hear her. I watched Sonya as she turned to Blaze and started crying. Jaime and Alex surrounded them as the doctor turned around and walked away.

I couldn't move.

A tear fell down my face.

And then another.

And then I turned around and ran.

I didn't know where I was going. All I knew was that I needed to get out of there.

I ended up outside the hospital. My lungs were burning and I couldn't see from the tears blurring my vision. I collapsed to my knees outside the doorway and cried in my hands.

"Why." Was the only thing I could say.

It felt like I was in that position for hours until someone touched my back. I slowly looked up and saw Richard crouched down next to me and Alex next to him. They both looked down at me sadly. I attacked Rick with a hug.

At that moment I didn't care about anything. All I knew was that, at that moment, I needed my older brother for support and he was there for me. I cried as hard as my body would let me, harder then I've ever cried before. Rick and Alex just held me and told me everything would be okay even though I knew it would never be okay.

Not without Lily.

Eventually I calmed down and they helped me stand up. I sniffed and wiped my face off on the back of my hand.

"Do you wanna see her?" Alex whispered.

I nodded silently. Alex grabbed my hand and so did Rick as we walked through the door together.

"You're probably wondering how I'm here." Rick said as we got in the elevator.

I didn't answer.

"The police showed up, I tried to get the police in and let Lily go, Finn shot me in the chest. Mom and dad bailed me out and I came straight here." He explained.