Chapter 8~ Secret's Out

Sorry I haven't updated anything recently! I'm at my dads house so I never got the chance to! Anyway, I'm sorry this chapter is short but please vote, fan and comment! And enjoy! Thanks!!

Chapter 8~ Secret's Out

"Why is that?" He asked.

I sighed but didn't answer him.

"Why are you so different?" He asked me.

"It's just who I am." I answered honestly.

He didn't say anything.

"So.....what's your life like?" I asked, genuinely curious.

He shrugged.

"I race whenever I can. I've been to jail a couple times for vandalism and theft and speeding. I'm in a gang, which I'm also the leader of. We all race for money. My parents are rich folk who think I'm white trash and gave up on me long ago. My brothers on the other hand...."

I nodded.

"I know how that is. Sonya is still in my parents good graces while they have practically disowned me. Jaime is exactly like me so soon he'll be next...." I said quietly.

"Is that what you meant earlier? When you said to me that you've never depended on anyone and you weren't going to start now?" He asked.

I sighed and nodded.

"My parents have never liked me. Ever since they realized I was a huge nerd and trouble maker, they ignored me. I was alone throughout everything from age 6 to now. Sonya, she would try to help me when we were younger but she would get in trouble. So then she stopped. She still helps but only when our parents aren't around. My parents don't ignore Jaime though. They started to after he turned 4 but I completely exploded on them and called them all sorts of names and then they stopped ignoring him. Now he depends on me mostly because I'm the only one who understands him and what he's going through with them."

He was staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"I'm just....amazed. On how someone can go through so much shit and still be sane and perfect like you are." He said.

I shook my head and he lifted his hand, tucking a stray strand of hair behind my ear. His hand froze on my cheek for a moment and he slowly dropped it.

"Lily.....what are you doing tomorrow?" He asked suddenly.

I looked at him.

"Um....going to school?"

He smiled.

"Afterwards."

I shrugged.

"I have to do my homework, help Jaime with his homework and it's my day to cook dinner tomorrow."

He nodded.

"After do you want to go out?" He asked.

I shook my head no.

"I can't. I'm grounded." I said.

He sighed and looked at the ocean.

"Okay then. I'll just come to you tomorrow."

I stared at him.

"What?"

He smiled and stood up.

"It's time for me to go." He said sadly.

He grabbed my hand and helped me up.

"Riley?" I asked as we walked to the front side of the roof.

"Yes Lily?"

"What's your last name?" I asked.

He sighed. "

It's not important."

I grabbed his arm.

"Please tell me." I whispered, looking directly into his eyes.

He looked at his feet.

"Stevenson." He whispered.

I gasped and froze where I stood.

"Lily I know your parents hate my parents and vice versa but please-"

I put my finger over his lips to stop his talking.

"Go before you get in trouble." I whispered.

His eyes mirrored my heart. They were filled with pain. I took my finger from his lips and he leaned forward and kissed my cheek.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He whispered.

I nodded and let him climb down. I climbed down and got into my window and looked down.

"Will you sit with me on the bus tomorrow? Dylan and Austin are borrowing my car. Again." He said.

I nodded.

"Yes. Now go!" I whispered.

He smiled at me and ran off into the darkness. I closed my window and sighed. I fell for my families enemy. Just then Sonya busted into my room.

"What happened?! Tell me everything!" She gushed.

As soon as she said that, I started crying.

"His last name is Stevenson." I cried over and over again.

She gasped.

"What's going on in here?" Jaime asked.

"This guy is one of them....he's a Stevenson." Sonya answered.

I crawled into my bed and grabbed a pillow, hugging it to my chest. They both got on my bed and watched me.

"What am I supposed to do?" I whispered.

"Well the question is, what do you want more?" Sonya said.

I swallowed and stared into space.

"Lily you just met the guy." Sonya said.

"I know....but he's so different Sonya. There's something special about him." I whispered.

Neither of them said anything.

"Get some sleep Lily. It's late and you need it." Sonya whispered, standing up and walking out.

I looked at Jaime and he hugged me tightly.

"You have a choice Lily. Him or mom and dad." Jaime whispered.

I sniffed and nodded.

"I know. If it were you, who would you chose?" I asked, pulling away.

He shrugged.

"Not sure. I'd want to get to know him more first. See if he's just using you or is actually planning on sticking around whether his family is enemy's with ours or not."

I nodded.

"Thanks J. Go get some sleep." I whispered.

He nodded and left. I turned my lights out and laid in my bed, staring at my ceiling until I fell asleep.