Chapter 30~ So Close Yet So Far (Pic Of Alex)

Soooooo I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever guys!!! I've been very busy with school and my life isn't the best at the moment. My boyfriend dumped me and my home life had been horrible...but anyway I'm okay and I'm back to writing and I'll update the next chapter as soon as I can. I love you guys so much you don't even know. Thank you guys so much!! P.S. ~ ------>>> There's a pic of Alex, Riley's little brother!!!

Chapter 30~ So Close Yet So Far

Riley's POV-

Beep....beep....beep....beep.... It's amazing how many things you can think about when you hear the single sound of a machine beeping in your ear and nothing else. The sound of that beeping, matching the feel of your heart crashing in your chest. Then you realize....the beeping is your heartbeat. You take a deep breath through your nose. The smell of clean, sterile air hits your nostrils and you know, without seeing, that you're in a hospital.

Everything came back to me quickly after I realized where I was. The fire which scalded my back, the car accident, Lily. The beeping shot off like a rocket as I thought about Lily.

When will this be over?

When will they let me wake up?

"Riley? Wake up. Please." A little voice whispered in my ear.

The voice was...very familiar yet I couldn't quite place it.

"Please. You can't quit on me. What am I going to do if you quit on me? Who's gonna fight all the bullies for me so I don't get dirty? I need you Riley. I need my older brother. Please wake up. Please!!"

I felt my eyes flit open and I quickly clenched them shut again, against the brightness of the light above my head. I slowly reopened them and let them adjust to the light which now surrounded me. Sitting in a chair in front of me was the last person I expected to see here.

Alex.

I opened my mouth to say something but he shook his head.

"Don't speak. Listen. Blaze informed the authorities about what happened to um, Lily. They know everything and have police searching for them everywhere. They'll find them soon."

I didn't say anything for a moment and then,

"How bad are my injuries?"

I watched my little brother as he had a small internal battle with himself. He was dressed more like a guy than normal, wearing jeans, a T-shirt and a leather jacket with Airwalks. I also noticed he grew taller and had a totally different hair style then the last time I saw him on the second day of school.

Was that really that long ago?

"The doctor said you had major third degree burns on your back and they had to do a skin graph. Also a few of your ribs are broken from the seatbelt. They said your lucky to still be alive." He mumbled.

I just kind of sat there, not knowing what to say.

"Where is everybody?" I finally asked.

"They've all been moved to a different hotel for safety. There are guards on this whole floor in case Finn gets any ideas about coming here to kill you." Alex said easily.

This was one if the reasons I loved my brother. He always knew what was going on.

"Thanks. Did they say when I can leave?"

He sighed and looked down to his lap.

"Well...it depends on how quickly your back recovers...you could leave anywhere between three days to a month..."