FIRST ENCOUNTER (F)

Let's get on with the flashbacks!

***********

CHAPTER 3

(BEFORE GLAIZA'S JUNIOR YEAR IN HS)

"Are these all your stuff? Wala ka na bang naiwan dun?" My mom asked as I wearily dropped the box I was holding.

"Yes, Ma. I already got everything." I tried to politely answer though I could already feel the tiredness of my arms and limbs.

My parents decided to move in to our newly bought house since my mom had a lot of investments and other business matters to attend to near the area. Hindi narin ito bago sa akin dahil halos every 2 or 3 years, lumilipat talaga kami ng bahay dahil sa trabaho niya.

I've been to 5 different schools since kindergarten. Hindi lang naging madali nung una, but eventually, I got used to the sudden adjustments and all. My 8-year-old sister was obviously the one who had troubles with it. It was never easy on her side.

She was silently sitting on the couch, just trying to control her cries. Nilapitan ko ito dahil sa akin lang naman siya sumasama kapag nangyayari ang ganitong paglilipat.

"Gale, do you wanna go check your room upstairs? Tara!" I cheerfully suggested to make her feel a bit better.

Unfortunately, she just shook her head.

"How about we go outside? Bilhan ka ni Ate ng ice cream." I offered instead, and I wasn't disappointed when I saw her eyes lit up on the mention of ice cream.

"Will you let me choose the flavor and toppings again?" The little girl's voice suddenly filled with excitement, which made me laugh a bit.

"Syempre naman. We'll get whatever you want."

Napangiti ang aking kapatid sa narinig. Then she opened her arms signalling for me to carry her, and I immediately granted her request even though my body was still recovering from all the moving in.

"Ma, labas lang kami saglit ni Gale. May ipabibili ka ba?" I called as I walked towards the main door while my mom was in the living area, already busy unpacking.

Lumapit naman siya samin para mag-abot ng pera.

"Ung kakainin sana natin mamaya. Since kasama mo naman ang kapatid mo, let her choose what she wants for dinner. I don't think I'll have the time to cook later." She caressed my sister's back, who still had her head on my shoulder.

"Okay ka lang dito? Pagbalik namin, I'll help you carry the other stuff upstairs."

"Yes, anak. I'll be fine. Sige na, para makabalik din kayo kagad. Mag-iingat kayo ha." She reminded before I head outside with my sister still in my arms.

Gale wasn't really heavy, so I managed to carry her until we reached the ice cream shop. Naglakad lang ako since pagkalabas lang naman ng village namin, marami nang mga malalaking stores and restaurants sa paligid.