RECONCILIATION

CHAPTER 19

*THE NEXT DAY*

The start of my morning was different from yesterday. Thank goodness. I woke up to a silent and cold living area. Gale asked me to sleep in her room last night but I wanted the same view of my bestfriend from our bedroom. I still slept on the couch while facing the open door because I wanted Rhian to be the last person I see before going to sleep, and the first person I see when I wake up.

I checked my phone and saw that it was just a few minutes before our usual wake-up time. I asked Tita Clara to convince Rhian to take a short break from work until she's completely okay. 

Then I heard a noise coming from the kitchen, so I stood up and headed to the area. I saw my sister was already preparing breakfast for everyone.

"Good morning." I greeted while scratching my eye with the back of my hand.

"Good morning din, Ate. Papasok ka ngayon?" Gale asked.

She continued cooking as I prepared my first cup of coffee.

"Ichecheck ko lang ung mga naiwan naming trabaho ng Ate Rhian mo. Then after office hours, I'd be meeting up with our college friends and..." I trailed off since I was a bit reluctant if I should let her know.

"And...?"

I looked at her for a second, and I just immediately gave in.

"And Solenn." I heavily breathed.

"Solenn?" She got confused, judging from her scrunched eyebrows.

Then I only remembered that I never gotten to mention her name when I told Gale happened.

"Uhmm... s-siya ung ano... " I stuttered, not meeting her stare.

"Ohh." She said as the realization hit.

"Sure ka sa gagawin mo, Ate?" My sister hesitantly added.

"Yeah. I know what I'm doing, Gale. It'll be fine." I assured.

Even though my day started off differently, the rest went on just the same. I left the unit and dropped my sister off to work before Rhian and Tita Clara could even get up.

I kept myself busy for the next hours, being distracted as much as possible. Everytime my mind got even a minute break, my heart starts pounding. I was feeling the stress and pressure with everything that I still needed to fix.

Besides that I'd be seeing and talking to Solenn later this evening, I was also preoccupied with how I could make up for my bestfriend. Though I knew I didn't have any assurance when she'll be at ease again with my presence, I was more than willing to wait. Gusto kong bumawi sa kanya sa lahat ng paraang maiisip ko.

Every now and then, I asked updates from Tita Clara how Rhian was doing. After I've finished all the office works, I started with the planning of a celebration that I was thinking of conducting in 3 days. It would be a very special day for Rhian and I.

...

We're all here at our meeting place. Pero wag ka munang magpakita. We'll talk to Solenn first. Wait for my text before you head inside.