CONVERSATIONS

CHAPTER 22

I woke up to the blinding sunlight coming from the window of our bedroom. My eyes remained slightly open as I breathed the warm morning air. Then I felt a weight on my upper body, and I was reminded that Rhian slept on top of me last night. I could only smile at the beautiful sight I got to start my day with. And I could say that it was already made.

My hand traveled on her back up to my favorite spot on her nape. I slightly moved my head to gently kiss her on the forehead, being careful not to wake her up. Yet I mentally scolded myself when I felt her move and heard her softly moan.

"Good morning." She greeted with her raspy voice as she damped her lips on my shoulder.

"Good morning din, baby. Nakatulog ka ba ng maayos?" I asked, in which she only nodded to.

She fixed her position on top of me, which let me hug her properly. We stayed like that for a couple of seconds before she pulled her head back to level it with mine. I didn't know what got into me when the next thing I did was caressed her lower lip with my thumb.

Not that she was trying to seduce me or anything. Her stare was just as loving as how it always was. But eversince I knew what it was like to kiss her, I was a goner. I became instantly addicted to her taste.

"May I?" I gently asked permission.

Then she laughed lightly before answering.

"You don't need to ask, baby."

And before I could even do the first move, she already connected her lips to mine. It was a bit long yet steady kiss. It was just right to fill the moment.

"Should we get up now?" I asked after our lips parted.

She grunted as she hid her face back to its previous position.

"Inaantok pa ako." She reasoned out.

"Okay, baby. Sige na, you go back to sleep. I'll just cook breakfast." I offered as I started moving over to get up.

"Ehh. Dito ka lang. Later ka na magluto. Or let's just order." Lambing niya, and she stopped me by my arm.

"But I want to cook for you. You know that's always part of my morning."

"Sige na nga. Go na. Susunod nalang ako maya-maya." Rhian concurred while still lying on the bed.

"Okay, baby. I love you." I said before giving her another kiss on the forehead.

"I love you too."

I freshen up a bit before heading to the kitchen. It was already the weekend, so we weren't really supposed to wake up this early. But it was the first breakfast the I'd get to share with Rhian again after our conflict.

It was more or less 10 minutes after when I heard footsteps coming from upstairs. The next thing I felt was a kiss on my cheek. Rhian sat in the breakfast nook just right across the range counter.

I handed her my coffee for us to share. Then I continued what I was doing, until I felt that a pair of gorgeous brown orbs were set on me. I faced Rhian and caught her staring.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. I just missed watching you cook." She sweetly said, not bothering to look elsewhere.

I turned the range heat into low so the food wouldn't be burnt. Then I closed our gap and stood in between her legs. We kept our eyes steady on each other for the next minute. Carefully, I leaned to capture her lips with mine for the second time this morning.