WRONG TIMING (F)

CHAPTER 11

"Gale, what exactly did they tell you after the last time we saw each other? Kung bakit bigla niyong kinailangang umalis." I carefully asked my sister when I got back in the dining area.

She looked hesitant at first as her eyes went fixated on the floor. Then a heavy sigh was the next thing I heard before her own voice.

"Ang sabi lang nila, may emergency daw. Tinanong ko kung bakit hindi ka kasama, but they only said that you didn't want to come with us. Ayoko rin sanang sumama nun. But I had no choice. Ilang taon lang ako nun, Ate. I didn't know what was happening." She sadly narrated.

"I know, Gale. But I also didn't have a choice. I knew it would be harder for both of us kung nagpakita pa ako sayo nun bago kayo umalis." I softly explained.

"I had to live many years of my life without the person I trust most! Alam mo ba kung gaano kahirap un, Ate? And they even controlled every move that I make. It was like I became a freaking inmate!" She blurted, not holding barriers.

The frustration in her voice was clear. Only from that, I already realized the struggle she must've gone through that time. I felt another pinch of regret rush in.

"I'm sorry. But I had to do it. It wasn't fair to you na pilitin kang intindihin ang mga nangyari." I apologized.

"And it was fair to force me to believe the fake side of the story?" Bigla niyang balik sakin na medyo ikinagulat ko.

Napayuko ako dahil pakiramdam ko ay babagsak na ang mga luha ko. I had to keep it together because revealing the dark truth of my past will be even harder later.

"I can't blame you if you're mad at me, Gale. But I--"

"I am mad, Ate. Pero hindi sayo. You know I can never be mad at you. But I need to know what really happened. Bakit nakiusap si Ate Rhian sakin na wag na wag kong babanggitin si Pa-... siya?" She hesitated and her voice suddenly returned to being gentle.

I couldn't say anything right away because it felt like I could hardly breathe. Yet I knew I had to be strong because Gale deserves to know the truth. It was time.

Few seconds have passed and she only waited patiently. When her hand went to hold mine, I finally gained strength to speak.

"Gale... before I tell you everything, I want you to remember that you're just as important to me as the last time we saw each other. And you always will." I wholeheartedly said.

"What do you mean, Ate?" Her forehead scrunched a bit. Confusion and worry painted on her face.

I took a deep breath, and prepared myself to narrate the painful truth.

*FLASHBACK*

(AN: Guys, continuation 'to nung flashback sa last chapter. Just to be clear.)

*A WEEK LATER*

The past days were pretty much messed up for me. Rhian and I had fights almost everyday. She sort of started being more silent than usual after our argument. But there wasn't a day that passes without me being scolded, since I was beginning to ruin my life by going to the club every night and get drunk.