FIFTEEN

CHAPTER 20

Rhian's POV

It was around quarter to 7am when I woke up and found my mom no longer present in the bedroom. I had to wake up early since I'd be going back to work today. Surprisingly, my mom finally allowed me to go. I understood though, that she only wanted me to fully recover before I go back into those office works.

When I got up from the bed, I noticed a small box and an envelope on the bedside drawer. I took a peek on what was inside the rectangular object. Then I got confused when I saw a bunch of my favorite cookies which only one person I know could hit the perfect flavor. So I opened the envelope with a number 1 glued on it, to see what it was for. There was a handwritten letter inside, and I instantly knew who wrote it. I've memorized every curve of that messy handwriting.

This special day should start with how it all began. The first time that I got to see you smile. I'd never forget that day. No matter how confusing it was why I instantly became attached to you. But now... I understand. Completely.

Good morning, Yoyon ko. Happy 15th!

That last line pretty much gave it away more. I couldn't help but smile at her little surprise as I was fully aware what date it was. It was the first thing that entered my mind when I woke up a few moments ago.

Exactly 15 years ago today, we became part of each other's lives. The day we became inseparable.

Nakakatouch dahil kahit ilang araw na kaming hindi nagkikita at nag-uusap... she took the time to actually do something for me.

Honestly, gustong-gusto ko na siyang makita. I really miss her. I already want to take the risk of not thinking anymore and just follow what my heart wants.

Before I could even start crying, I composed myself and decided to take a bath already. It took me longer than my usual preparation time. Probably because my body needed a bit of adjustment from the few-day break.

...

"Wow. She was right. Eksaktong-eksakto sa oras ung pagbaba mo." My mom softly said from the kitchen when I went downstairs.

"Huh? What are you talking about, Mom?" I confusingly asked as I sat in the breakfast nook.

"Nothing. Good morning, anak." She greeted as she kissed the top of my head.

I greeted and then she immediately handed me an envelope. It had the same design like the first, except this one contained a number 2 on the back. Before I could open it, my mom served me a plate full of various breakfast foods. I didn't bother to ask anymore because I knew I'd find out the answers in the letter.