CONCEAL

CHAPTER 14

*A MONTH AFTER*

Gale, Rhian and I were on our way to work. Ihahatid muna namin ang kapatid ko sa pinagtatrabahuhan niya. She pursued her plan of working while taking up her master's degree. But her classes wouldn't start until two months. And her schedule wouldn't be fully loaded, anyway.

"Hoy, Ate! Sa office mo ihahatid si Ate Rhian ha. Baka kung saan mo pa siya dalhin. Bye. See you later!" Tukso niya pagkababa niya ng sasakyan.

"Baliw!" Sabat ko bago niya isara ang pinto. Rhian only laughed.

Her teasing never really stopped. Araw-araw ay may binabato siyang pang-aasar samin. Lalo na't nakikita na niya talaga kung paano namin tratuhin ang isa't isa.

Rhian didn't mind my sister's jokes at all. She has always been cool about it. On the other hand, they made me uncomfortable. Until now... the things that trigger the feeling of seeing Rhian as possibly more than a bestfriend, still bothered me so much.

Inihatid ko narin siya sa office pagkatapos ni Gale.

"Yon, what time matatapos meeting mo?" I asked as I stopped the car in front of her building.

Noticed the change in what I call her? Yeah. Calling her 'best' gradually seemed to sound weird and a bit awkward for me. I didn't know why.

"We'd probably finish before lunch. Pupunta ka ba dito para sabay na tayo kumain? Or marami kang aasikasuhin?"

"Pupuntahan nalang kita. What do you want to eat later?" I asked again.

"PIZZA!" Rhian excitedly answered with a huge grin on her face.

"No. You need to eat healthy. Magkakasakit ka na naman nyan eh." Agad kong tanggi dito.

"Fine. Burger and fries, then."

"I said healthy, Rhian Denise." I emphasized.

"Eehh. Just buy whatever you want me to eat. Pero bilhan mo rin ako ng pizza. Please?" Lambing nito sakin.

And well... I could never say no to her. Not that she had me on leash, but Rhian will always be my weakness. My strongest weakness.

"Oo na. Sige na." I surrendered, which earned me a squeal and a kiss on the cheek.

Instead of just dropping her off like originally planned, I switched off the car engine so that I could take her to her office. Sinubukan niya akong pigilan, pero madalas ay mapilit din talaga ako.

"Dito ka nalang. Wag mo na akong ihatid sa taas." She insisted when we reached the elevator lobby.

"At bakit?"

"Dahil kaya ko naman na po." Rhian answered like stating the obvious.

"Nope. Baka maligaw ka. Mahirap na." I joked.

"I'll always find my way back to you, don't worry." Bigla niyang banat habang may nakakalokong ngiti.

I threw her a sharp look like telling her I didn't buy what she said. Then I put on a poker face.