PRIORITY

CHAPTER 6

SA OFFICE NI RHIAN

Just like the usual days... after I've finished the stuff I needed to do in RK, I went here to help Rhian with her work and business matters.

"Best, mag-iinuman nga pala kami nila Ethan mamaya. Sinabihan ko na si Bianca na ihatid ka nalang pauwi. Okay lang?" I told the woman sitting in front of the office table, while I was almost lying on the couch.

"Glaiza naman! You know I could just take a cab or something. Di mo na kailangang istorbohin si Biancs. Kaya ko naman." Reklamo niya.

"For the nth time, Rhian Denise... alam mong hindi ako makakampante sa ganun. We've been having this kind of conversation eversince we became bestfriends. Hindi mo parin kabisado ang sagot ko dyan?" I answered while we were sort of having a stare fight. Not that we were mad at each other or anything.

"Sorry naman po. Nagbabaka-sakali lang na magbago bigla." Rhian laughed, and I couldn't help but smile at her bubbliness.

"You have two choices though. Pahatid ka kay Bianca or you'll take the car." I offered.

"Eh paano ka?"

"Don't worry about me. I can always manage." I shrugged my shoulders, very well aware that she knew what I meant.

"Manage mo mukha mo! Pag di mo dinala ung kotse that only means, di ka uuwi. So... no. Papahatid nalang ako kay Bianca." She replied before playfully sticking her tongue out.

She knows that when I don't bring the car, I'd most likely spend the night at someone else's place. Usually rin naman, ayaw na ayaw niyang hindi ako umuuwi sa condo namin. The last time I slept somewhere else, Rhian got extremely mad and we had a huge argument about it. And trust me when I say that... you do NOT want to see her mad.

...

It was around 3pm when Ethan sent me a message, inviting me to watch an exciting match that was about to start in half an hour. I decided to sort of ask permission from Rhian first before actually going.

"Best, pwede ko na bang kitain sila Ethan ngayon? Mukhang may magandang laban eh. Pro--"

"Akala ko ba, you'd turn down their offer? No, best. You're not going anywhere." She quickly declined.

"But best, hindi naman ako makikipaglaban eh! I'll just watch. Swear." I even raised my right hand to give emphasis.

"Glaiza ha. Sinasabi ko sayo. Siguraduhin mo lang! Kung hindi, patay ka talaga sakin." Banta niya pa.

"Opo. Promise. So... can I go now?" I sweetly asked.

Para akong bata na nagpapaalam sa mga magulang. But like I said... that's just how our friendship works.

"Go. But please call me when you get there. Mag-ingat ka. And tawagan mo rin ako kapag papunta na kayo sa bar. Just so I know you're safe, okay?" She reminded while she was still busy with her work.

"Yes, Ma'am!" I playfully said with a salute.

I stood up from my seat and went near her position. She knew why I went closer, so she turned her head to my direction but her eyes remained on her desktop screen. Hinayaan ko nalang ito, and I just gave her forehead a gentle kiss.